Seller Relisted item after I won!

Hi
I bid and won an item on Ebay which in all honesty I think ended at a very low price.
Now the seller has relisted the item, I have had no emails from the seller or Ebay giving a valid reason. Why are Ebay allowing the seller to do this. BTW the seller is new(within last month) and has zero feedback.

Question is should I just leave negative feedback safe in the knowledge they cannot reciprocate or do I lodge a complaint with Ebay spend ages dealing with it and then being told tough in the end.

Thanks

Comments

• mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Did you pay for it?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Could they have had more than one perhaps? You also don't say whether you paid or not, or if you have had any communication from the seller regarding this.
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    A similar thing happened to me recently.

I did inform Ebay who blocked the guy's account for a month. Ebay did not inform me of this but I got an angry email informing me of this from the seller which cheered me up! I also left negative feedback.

terryw
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • Ever thought that the seller have have had more than one?

I do this all of the time.
    Terms & Conditions Apply
  • Thanks for replies, the item had not been paid for and the seller has only one of the item(bike parts so easily recognisable) and on my Ebay page it states the seller has relisted the item but no explanation from Ebay or seller.:confused:
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    If you don't pay for it, you'll get a non paying buyer strike! Pay ASAP!!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why didn't you pay? How long after you won was the item relisted?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Maybe the seller has more than one to sell?

Edit: Beaten to the punch. :)
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Maybe the seller was fed up waiting for payment, and being new they are not aware of the unpaid process....?
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • The item was relisted without reason within 24hours so did not have a chance to pay, the seller definitely only has one of the item as stated they are bike parts so are distinctive.
    There was no communication from the seller or Ebay stating reason for relisting ( as I stated originally I think they expected to get more for the item) and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed.
    Quick response from Ebay with regards to my initial complaint though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure