Lime Energy Saving Plug Recall - in today's MSE email

Comments

• JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Premier wrote: »
    Has anyone received their replacement plug yet?

The letter said within 14 days which now seems to have passed.
    Nope, not yet.
  • dasim
    dasim Posts: 25 Forumite
    Still waiting for a replacement. Letter said 14 days from 2nd Feb.
    Anyone received theirs yet?
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    I received mine today, along with a note saying there was no need to return the faulty plug, just cut the cable off and dispose of the whole thing
  • Same here! Received plug with message to chop off lead and dispose.
  • Stv67
    Stv67 Posts: 25 Forumite
    I had the letter from Grass Roots on 3rd February. It said I'd get a replacement within 14 days - which have now passed and still no sign of the new plug. So I emailed them at the address given in the letter and they simply sent me a transcript of the letter all over again!

Grass Roots? More like Gone To Seed!!!
  • Stv67
    Stv67 Posts: 25 Forumite
    UPDATE - have just received a proper reply (i.e. not automated) from Lime customer services:

"Thank you for your email. We apologise that you have not yet received your replacement plug, due to a very large demand for these plugs. The last few batches of plugs were sent out a few days ago so you so should be with you short. Please be advised, that in line with the WEEE Directive (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), we do not require you to return your original plug to us as previously requested. In order to ensure that the old plug is removed from the market, please cut off the infrared lead on the old plug and dispose of it in line with normal household waste procedures."
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My replacement plug eventually arrived today :)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • olip74
    olip74 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Saw this at work today so sent the wife a message to check the code on the plug. Meanwhile...

...does anyone else get weird behaviour from their telly when using this plug? When we switch on the telly the sound keeps going unless you change the channel and then change it back again! I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I'm not a technical numpty and I simply don't understand how this plug could be causing this issue - but it is!
  • penedawn
    penedawn Posts: 32 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi again everyone

Grassroots has asked us to clarify a couple of points people have made in this thread.

Clarification on the product recall for the LIME Energy Saving Plug – Model Number ES1017:

We recently wrote to all customers who registered for a LIME Energy Saving Plug as part of the ‘FLUSH’ campaign that ran from mid November to 6th December informing them that we found a potential safety problem with a batch of the plugs.
    (The batch can be identified via a label on the back of the plug - Model Number ES 1017.)

All customers who registered to receive one of the plugs via the promotion above, will shortly be receiving a replacement plug.

You will not have received a letter if your plug was ordered through a different promotion because this plug was supplied from a different batch and is not being recalled. If you had a plug passed onto you by someone else, then we have advised the registered recipient of the plug to pass on the recall notice.

Further clarification can be found under FAQs on the FREE GREEN GADGET website https://www.freegreengadgets.co.uk/web/guest/home

If you wish to contact us by telephone, please use the following number 0844 879 5160 and you will be through
    to the customer service team. Alternatively, email us on [EMAIL="limeplugrecall@grg.com"]limeplugrecall@grg.com[/EMAIL]
    I have today received the new one from this company. It was a freebie and they have requested that the other one have the plug cut off and be destroyed via normal waste procedures. Which in Brent is ideally via the dump for electrical goods, rather than sending them back. penedawn
  • By the way to everyone who has been asking the Model Number - ES1016 has not been recalled, I myself have one of the ES1016 plugs and there is no problem with them. Please dont be worried if you have one with ES1016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure