Argos delivery problem

Any body have experienced delivery problems ordering through Argos online?

I have ordered an item and it was supposed to be delivered a week before and It was not delivered yet. When I spoke to the Argos customer service they are saying that I have to speak to the courier services(who is operating for Argos in NI) and sort out the delivery. This sounds ridiculous to me, we have ordered an item through Argos it should be their responsibility that the things are delivered on time.

Comments

• dan2002
    dan2002 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Argos use FAMAC so would think thats were your problem is ,look at the famac thread and you will see, everyone has these delivery problem with FAMAC
  • jetboy
    jetboy Posts: 524
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had a total mare with an Argos delivery. First they sent the wrong order (a sofa bed). Then it took a million phone calls and another 5 weeks for them to remove it a bring the correct one. Guess what..they brought the wrong one again! I wouldn't use them or their delivery contractor again under any circumstances.
    Timmay!
  • wirehair
    wirehair Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    I also had a terrible time with Argos,an item never arrived and when I phoned them was told it had been delivered and that I had signed for it! When I said that was rubbish,they said they would look into it,no one ever got back to me and I too had to make a million phone calls and several e-mails,asking to see a copy of my signature.No One ever got back to me .In the end I sent an e-mail saying that this was the last time I would be contacting them ,and that if the matter was not resolved within 7days they would be hearing from my solicitor.I recieved a full refund within two days.
    Never pay more than you have too
  • Argos deliveries in NI are terrible.

Ordered about £1500 worth of stuff in august (moved into new home). Was due to come in 2 batches (the normal stuff and the 'home delivery only items').

Was given a delivery date on the website for the normal items to be delivered so I took the day off work to wait for them. Surprise surprise no delivery. I tried to phone them at 6 (their call centre is open to 8) but was on hold for an hour and a half and gave up. Phone the next morning from work only to be told that the delivery date on the website was the delivery date the Mainland UK couriers delivered the good to the NI couriers!!! I asked for the name of the NI couriers so I could check with them but Argos didnt know who delivered their stuff in NI!!
    Anyways was in work the next day and got a phone call on my mobile from famac asking if I was in as the driver was knocking on my door trying to deliver. Told them about the mess up woth argos but they didnt want to know. I told them I'd phone the next day to rearrange a delivery date in the next few days as I couldnt get out of work. Got home the next day and found a card left by the driver stating that this was his 2nd visit and call to rearrange another time even though I told them not to bother trying to deliver as I would call them with a date in the next few days that I could get off work!
    The next day at 9am (just about to leave for work) I got a phone call from the driver about to leave the depot. He was very ignorant and said that his van was being cluttered up with 14 of my parcels and if I wasnt in today they were being returned to sender!!! I told him I would be in until 10am and if he could get round before this then I'd be in (was sick of the whole situation by now) otherwise he'd have to send them back (put my foot down). Driver turned up before 10 but wouldnt deliver to my door (I live ina 1st floor apartment so he would only deliver to the front door of the block. I wasnt too happy but just wanted to get the stuff and get to work so I shifted them up myself.

The next problem arose when the 'home delivery only' items were being delivered. I had a sofa and a set of tbale and chairs being delivered on a morning delivery. The 2 delivery men turned up on time. ONe of them tried to get me to sign the delivery note while the things were still in the back of the van! Told him I would wait unitl the items were in my possession in my property before anything was signed. Dirty look number one. When he heard it was to be delivered to a 1st floor apartment with no lift he moaned a lot. It ended up myself and the other delivery man (who was very nice) moved the sofa up the stairs on our own (wasnt too bad but the other guy was sitting watching while I was doing the job he was paid to do!). Once we got it up the stairs the lazy guy said it would never fit through the door and they would leave it outside my door and I could try and shift it in with the packaging off myself. NO! Said ok I'll go and get a pair of scissors and you 2 can lift it in with the packagaing of (it was a 3 seater sofa so was a 2 man job to lift). On hearing this the nice man and decided ot try to give me a hand ot get it in with the packaging on. It went in easy. The other package being delivered was a table and set of 4 chairs (all in one box - marked heavy - 2 man lift). Even with the message on the box the lazy man would not lift it up the stairs so left it to the other guy to do it himself!.

Complained to argos about both deliveries but they wouldnt even refund the £5 delivery cost! Was more annoyed at the 1st delivery and how their website misinforms us NI residents and wasted my whole day!

Argos deliveries are a nightmare!!!!!
  • Ordered Fridge/Freezer and Washing machine on 29/12/10 in store. Was told that they couldn't tell me a delivery date due to the holidays (plausible). Was called on the 10/1/11 to say that delivery would be within 14 days (again I wasn't too fussed as holidays can cause problems for big companies).

20/2/11 received a call with a recorded message saying delivery was delayed but no date given "please press 1 to talk to a customer service advisor". On speaking to a woman who was fairly abrupt (it was almost closing time) who said there was nothing she could do, the washing machine was in stock but the fridge freezer was to be delayed but I was guaranteed to receive both within 28 days. I told her that this was not good enough and told her that despite their policy of not splitting the order, that as a gesture of goodwill they would be delivering my washing machine within the next 5 working days as their site promises or I would be issued a full refund. She agreed, after talking to a supervisor, and the machine was delivered in 2 days.

10/02/11 with no word of the Fridge/Freezer I called customer service (at my own expense as it is not a freephone number!!! although saynoto0870 was handy!) I was told that the Fridge/Freezer was not due into stock anytime before 27/2/11 so I got slightly pushy (but not as forcefull as this lady was fare more polite) and suggested they send me the silver version that is in stock instead of the white one. It could cause a few issues as it has gone up over £30 since I paid but any problems will be argued through ... I'm sure their profit margins can cope!

Hopefully I will have my full order within a week but we shall see.

Just thought I would share my experience and a little advice that a little pushing goes a long way and sometimes if you ask big you may be surprised at how far it gets you!
  • jjd
    jjd Posts: 216 Forumite
    Found Argos delivery to be a bit hit and miss. I found it unreliable when a courier was used but ok when Argos were delivering large items. I wouldn't order anything i 'needed' by a certain time as I wouldn't trust them to deliver it when they say they will.
  • I ordered a washing machine early this month, no call as of yet to arrange delivery.. :( ...I will not call any non freephone argos call centre number just for them to blame their courier-Ill will be patient and wait until next week to see if I get a reply, but its not looking good with a couple of days to go, lol
  • deirdre42c
    deirdre42c Posts: 152 Forumite
    Spent three months trying to get delivery of a wardrobe set that was in stock when ordered and assured via telephone call that would be delivered within 28 days!!

The price ended up reducing by over £100 within that time however, having complained so much Argos ended up giving me the reduction by cheque.

Would never order from them again - even when I was told all items were in stock and were to be delivered still only got half and had to wait another month for the rest. Have to say the girls on the customer service desk were very apologetic.

If you have the chance cancel the order - my problems lay solely with Argos and not the delivery courier from NI!
  • Hi,

Im having the exact same issue with 2 leather sofa's we ordered.

Have had 3 different delivery dates which have all been pushed back due to system errors but after kicking up a fuss is appears they have never even had the stock in. Happy to take my money though! Considering taking to the Ombudsman and seeing what our rights are here.

We have had 1 large sofa delivered but still awaiting the other. Nightmare!
  • montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ordered a washing machine last week, got a call on friday to say it will be here on monday between 7am and 7pm, very early start for them.

Still not here and will get a call sometime this week to arrange a delivery, joke of a shop, next time only buying things you can get in the store without having to use home delivery
    mortui non mordent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport