advice needed for emergency payment from DSS

I was made redundant in late may and the firm called in administrators.As a result we got no pay etc although some may come eventually. My problem is that as the local job centre is so busy i cant get an appointment till 21st june which means it will be ages before i get any benefit and ive got no money .With 2 young kids my wife cant work any harder and we still need to pay the mortgage etc !!Does anyone know if its possible to get an emergency payment of some sort??? I am looking for work but things are desperately tight and i dont want to borrow. any ideas??

Comments

• barbie_babe
    barbie_babe Posts: 668 Forumite
    ask them to give you one .my hubby lost his job on may 20th .they said we would get seen intill 31st but they rang him few days later and asked him to come in as we have four kids.(he had asked to be seen asap if they could fit him in).also ring tax creidits for your kids if you were getting some before they will sort it out quickly so you will get more know you have lost your job.hope this helps
    :j
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ring the Jobcentre & say you want the Social Fund. Ask them (Social Fund) for a Crisis Loan.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport