My New Diary!

Comments

• Hi, good luck with your new diary, you sound really organised. £300 is a fantastic overpayment for January. Mine will be a bit less but hoping to start the new year meaning business :D
    Next £0.00 Aqua £470.00
    Debenhams £1,228.14 Nationwide £2,783.91
    Halifax £3,198.36

POAMAYC in 2013 #63 £912.48/£6,000
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop" Confucius
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Hey there,

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck on your journey. You'll be surprised how quickly they start coming down. Especially as soon as you clear a couple of the smaller ones and free up more money!

Choc x
  • Tinka21
    Tinka21 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Thank you CHQ and Choc. I'm really motivated to get going with it and feel almost impatient for January to come!

I didn't quite finish my shopping yesterday but only a couple of more bits to get.

I have got the Husband more on board with it all but honestly he doesn't like to have anything to do with money if he can help it but has said he will give me extra where he can to help pay things off a bit quicker.

xx
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    He he, I know what you mean. Although 2012 was amazing for me in so many ways (we got married)....I can't wait for 2013 to begin and to start tackling the debts hard with new found enthusiam...I hope!

I find posting on here regularly really helps x
  • Tinka21
    wow I can tell the countdown is on for xmas! So many things to remember!

Monday - Kids have got xmas dinner at school so must remember to not send a packed lunch!
    Tuesday - DS2 has got a Panto with school so needs picking up later
    Wednesday - 2 x nativity plays - one in the morning and one in the afternoon!

And i'm sure there are more things to do but cant think what!
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • busy week for you then :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tinka21
    Ive made a £5 payment today to one the debts, okay so its the normal payment but its still £5 down and coming off the total!

I think I'll update my total at the end of the year and see the progress with just making my normal monthly payments on things.

I still haven't heard back re my offer to do full and final settlement on one of my smaller debts, which i do believe is for an old Next account but its been passed around that many different collection agencies sometimes its hard to tell! Just in case they accept I have put the money to one side, if not then I'll save the extra and pay it off in full.

Kids enjoyed their school xmas dinner today which is always a plus!

I have so far eaten a sausage roll today so really need to think about whats for tea :/
  • Tinka21
    Had a fab day today!
    This morning was DS1's nativity and this afternoon was DS2's nativity and they were both brill which makes a very proud mummy!

Didnt have a NSD as had to buy a couple of bits for tea but only bought what I needed which is an improvement for me!

Hope everyone is having a good day/night
  • Tinka21
    Right I'm not leaving the house today so should be a NSD! yay!

Not really done much in the way of money saving, except a couple of surveys that paid £8 into paypal so bought my nephews xmas present with it. Also have enough points on another for a gift voucher, but as I dont need one for anything I think I'll save it up for a bit longer and cash it out when I need a birthday present or may even save it all up for next xmas!
  • Tinka21
    Good news one of my offers of a lower payment has been accepted! The original debt was £60 and they will accept £45 to settle the account! A £15 saving is better than nothing and it also means 1 less account for me to worry about! Yay!

Usually we have a big family party at our house on Boxing day but this year, to save on costs, we are just going to have a quiet one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure