Party Plan

Comments

• hemc wrote: »
    On the other hand I went to a chocholics party and the stuff was fantastic values and the agent took loads of money I have been thinking about doing it but I am very happy with phoenix-trading at the moment as there is no pressure or targets on me which suits my mother/student life!!!!!!!!!
    c x

Can anyone point me in the right direction for more information about chocolics parties or what phoenix trading is?

Please feel free to PM me.

Nicci
  • hi i am also interested in both these but would like more info i live in cumbria and dont think they go around here never heard of them so might be good to start up thanks
  • Baxtergirl wrote: »
    hi i am also interested in both these but would like more info i live in cumbria and dont think they go around here never heard of them so might be good to start up thanks

I live in Cumbria as well! I've moved here 4 months ago from a large town from Essex!

I'm interested in them as I didn't even hear of them there so competition must be low.

Unless you live in Kendal!

Nicci
  • I've done both Tupperware and The Body Shop at Home in the past and, whilst I earned a bit of pocket money for a while (especially around Xmas), I just couldn't get the parties and it fizzled out.

I also had to travel miles to sales meetings (30-40 miles on various occaisions). I swapped from Tupperware to TBS as there was a very local group. 7 days after my training, my team leader left and I was back to 30-40 miles as all the other girls in her team chose to quit too.

I really enjoyed doing the parties and there are some tricks for maximising income but it was just too difficult and I never made anything like the claimed income.

I now have a garage full of body shop and tupperware products :(
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    It may be worth seeing if the companies you are with allow door to door selling as well, finding regular partys so that you have a predicted income would be hard on its own i would think so wouldn't it be great if you could pop a few brochures through doors in your area when parties were slack?
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Peter_Pan wrote: »
    It may be worth seeing if the companies you are with allow door to door selling as well, finding regular partys so that you have a predicted income would be hard on its own i would think so wouldn't it be great if you could pop a few brochures through doors in your area when parties were slack?

In response to this, I do FM door to door, party plan, networking etc. You can really see what suits you as there is no set format. There is noone on your back to meet targets etc, you just have to want to do it and have motivation.
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt
  • BarmyCow
    BarmyCow Posts: 225 Forumite
    I'd never heard of Chocoholics parties before so looked them up and gave them a ring this morning. They are very nice but advise that they don't operate in the same way as Avon for example - you are not an agent for the company, you are self employed. This doesn't mean that you have to pay up front or anything but they basically said that I would struggle to do this as well as a full time job, as you need to invest quite a lot of time as you are basically running your own business.

Not trying to deter anyone, but it might be useful to know if you are considering doing this. :)
    I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.......
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've never understood why people organise these sorts of things, but if it makes you money and everyone's happy good on ya.
  • Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    I now have a garage full of body shop and tupperware products :(

Erm, what Tupperware products? I've been searching around stores for handy containers to take different foods to Uni in, without much luck (they are either too big, or the wrong shape). I might take a few things off your hands, if they are what I'm looking for. :)
    I have no signature.
  • One here's lots of stories of people who stop doing opportunities, but then end up with a garage full of products! I find it quite distasteful that you have been receiving bad advice from your sponsor on 'stockpiling'; of course most people don't know any better and trust these people who say 'fill up your garage and you'll be successful'.

I think the term is 'front-loading' - where sponsors insist that their people buy lots of 'stock', which makes their volume high. Cumulatively for the sponsor, if they have several people doing this, it means advancement - but at the expense of their people.

It isn't an ethical way of doing business and leaves a lot of people upset, resulting in a negative attitude towards doing home based business.

I always tell my new people that they need very little product at home; perhaps a little mini-box of popular products to look after their customers and themselves - maybe a few days supply.

Afterall the company has a big distribution warehouse in the UK, so if they are any good they will do next day delivery - stockpiling problem solved!

If I order products for myself or my handful of customers before 1pm, they arrive the following afternoon around 3-4pm by courier.

I'm rather pleased I'm not involved with some of the companies mentioned thus far, they do sound a nightmare scenario!
    Mike
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport