IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BBC1 Rip Off Britain programme and NCP

Comments

• BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Abu Hamza is like something on the bottom of your shoe that you just cant get rid of
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    BASFORDLAD wrote: »
    Abu Hamza is like something on the bottom of your shoe that you just cant get rid of

He is scum , he came to our country and has a uk passport but hates us. Why bloody come here then ?
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • devonlad
    devonlad Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Watchdog does the same. I've complained to the BBC and ITV Wales several times about it. They still continue with their sloppy journalism.

did the bbc reply back to your complaint?
    The word about the scammers is spreading like marmite here in the westcountry.
    We workers all love it and the ppc hate it :rotfl:
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    BASFORDLAD wrote: »

We will be rid of him soon hopefully, I bet the yanks wont have him looked after so cosily in their prisons.
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    After the shameful episode of Get Dom Get Done, which told people to pay the PPC, I thought the 'famous' episode of Watchdog had set the record straight and that at least researchers on that programme knew what the law is. But no, last night was taling about Travelodge "fining" people for smoking (or not) in a room!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2012 at 8:09AM
    fb1969 wrote: »
    After the shameful episode of Get Dom Get Done, which told people to pay the PPC, I thought the 'famous' episode of Watchdog had set the record straight and that at least researchers on that programme knew what the law is. But no, last night was taling about Travelodge "fining" people for smoking (or not) in a room!

That should have raised the whole question of "civil recovery" where, just like PPCs, companies try and claim money off people that has no relationship to the actual loss they have suffered. They even use the same technique of sending out official looking letters, hoping people will cave in and pay.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • There was a bit about parking fines on Rip Off again this morning. Real council issued ones this time. Hounslow council were getting just over £400,000 for just one place by a train station that was, basically, just a bit confusing for people as they were dropping people off because there's no actual passenger drop off point there.
    And it's all perfectly legal in their case. How do they sleep at night?

But at least Rip Off correctly called it a fine this time. :o
    "So long and thanks for all the fish" :hello:
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    fb1969 wrote: »

I watched that, £150 "fine" for cleaning the room?

I'd tell them I'd see them in court, how can they claim cleaning the room as costs when the room would (or should) be cleaned anyway??
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Plushchris wrote: »
    I watched that, £150 "fine" for cleaning the room?

I'd tell them I'd see them in court, how can they claim cleaning the room as costs when the room would (or should) be cleaned anyway??

I think I first read about Travelodge doing this at least a year ago, possibly elsewhere on these forums. It is one of Travelodge's many policies that mean I will never stay with them - money saving or not.
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    I might have to collect one for these charges :)
    Thing is i hate stopping in travelodges!
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family