Howdens appliances

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Pete_10 wrote: »
    Sorry about the confusion. The fitter said that any other make of ovens may not fit propery into the units.

Personally speaking I thought they were all standard sizes too...

We have a Howdens kitchen and got a Hotpoint hob and Belling cooker and they fit without problems as the units are a standard size :)
  • Pete_10
    Pete_10 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Ah ha. So it would seem that my fitter is being a little difficult on purpose and with no good reason..! Hmmm

Many thanks for the replies.

So getting back on topic ;) what are the Bosch appliances like?

Pete
  • jagbeth1
    jagbeth1 Posts: 313 Forumite
    We bought both our kitchen and appliances from Howdens.

We have Bosch dishwasher, hob and built in over and they have been installed about 18 months and we have never had any problems with any of them and would definately buy again

Hope this helps...
    Elite 5:2 #6 8 /34lbs
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have a Howdens kitchen and had a Bosch hob and oven fitted. It is beautiful and works perfectly, so I'm very happy, although I think it could have be sourced cheaper elsewhere probably. My only reservation is going for a basic extractor fan - I wish I hadn't now.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • sheslookinhot
    sheslookinhot Posts: 1,956
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pandora205 wrote: »
    I have a Howdens kitchen and had a Bosch hob and oven fitted. It is beautiful and works perfectly, so I'm very happy, although I think it could have be sourced cheaper elsewhere probably. My only reservation is going for a basic extractor fan - I wish I hadn't now.

What make of fan and what problems have you experienced ? I intend to get a CDA cooker hood. (£150)

I am buying Bosch, Hob, Double Oven, Fridge & Fridge / Freezer. Neff Dishwasher and Washing Machine.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • headoutthesand
    headoutthesand Posts: 1,041
    First Post
    Forumite
    I got my kitchen from Howdens last month. I got their own Oven and hob and they work fine. Kitchen fitter recommended them. He is an independant fitter who uses Howdens all the time. I supplied my own washing machine, fridge etc.

My fitter has a trade account with Howdens so I just paid howdens direct and got everything at trade price. Kitchen fitter took £600 for fitting the lot which I thought was really reasonable.......
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What was wrong with the cheap extractor? I'm going for a cheap one, tell me why I shouldn't please!
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Bosch appliances are very highly regarded in the industry as a premium brand you will have no problems. Very reliable.

As to regards to them fitting, I'm afraid your kitchen fitter either doesn't know what he's talking about or is lying to you, maybe because he is making a profit, Which is not unheard of as he has to arrange it all for you and that is worth a small service fee. But in reality most kitchen fitters can get a large discount on appliances so often make some sort of mark up. We can purchase appliances and sell them onto a customer matching even the cheapest deals on the internet and still make a small profit meaning everyone’s a winner. The key here though is honesty. Howden’s are expensive for appliances and even when you apply their large discounts they still work out more expensive than competitors
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its not the cost of the extractor, to be any good it MUST have outside venting, not just re-cycling the old air.
  • ema_o
    ema_o Posts: 885 Forumite
    We had a Howdens kitchen and sourced appliances ourselves. We ended up with almost all Bosch, they seemed very highly recommended, good scores on Which etc. Really pleased with them. Howdens didn't have the ones we wanted so wouldn't be sure on price, but our kitchen fitter did suggest we looked elsewhere as Howdens weren't the cheapest for appliances (this was before we decided what we wanted).
    Also the idea that other brands wouldn't fit was never mentioned to us and sounds a bit suspicious to me, I'm sure appliances are a standard size.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure