Unclaimed prize register

Comments

• THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!!!:mad: i was hopeful at first but nothing in life is ever that simple. What seemed dodgy is that you choose between "£25,000 and £100", then you had to pay £1.50 a minute plus £6.50 postage. Yeah that makes so much sense!:rotfl: if you win ANYTHING, it's completely free, no postage or phone line bills! and i never even entered any competitions. thanks for posting this on here so i didnt get conned :j
    Into the shredder you go!:D
  • hi i just wanted to save you all alot of hassle on this matter ... i did ring them and got my claim number allocated and guess what it was a digital camera no surprise there i then found thier company details and rang them to ask for the details of the camera to this they where not happy at all so i said it was my right to know the pseck of the camera befor i invested anymore money into recieving it to which they said when i send in the claim form i would get the details so i said no i want to know what i am going to get before i spend out another couple of pounds on postage he said he didnt have the details to hand so i told him to go get them as this was my right eventually and very unhappilly with this he came back to me with them the camera you will recieve is the tdc snap made by the camera company not worth more than about £10 and basically aload of junk so please all of you save the time and money and put the paper in the recycling bin !!!! it may have cost me £10 with the call and calling them but if it means you guys save the same if not more then it was truley worth it xxx

best answer thanks so much :)

I've recycled the first letter & i'll let them pay to send me a few more before I put them all in the post "return to sender" along with a letter telling them to remove me from the mailing list
  • Glad I checked. Got letter today from the 'Unclaimed Prize Register', saying that my name had been given to them by a promoter and that I was eligible for a prize. Usual stuff, expensive call to 'find out' what I had won. Can something not be done about this company? Surely it cannot be legal?
  • OK me too, I got the same code as well ..... 603498

Strange thing is I never noticed the 'digital camera' wording in the letter until you guys mentioned it. :(

Someone mentioned the proper address as HR9 7AG " LOL " """

Thank God for Google street maps, Oooops ......... it's Morrisons :rotfl:

The other post codes in Ross on Wye check out some very very nice houses, there's one it has a double garage as big as my house. :(

Another post code HR9 5DB is a tree in a field ........ :D

Instead of Trading Standards confiscating hooky designer jeans and tops off the car boots why don't they get their lardy backsides down to M+D's offices and demand a list of all the money winners and ..... CHECK THEM ALL OUT !!!
  • Here's the registered address .....

all the dubbyas .companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/strike-lucky-games

Phone: 01989-769292 :money:

E-mail Dawn Williams ..... enquiries@mcintyreanddodd
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    i recieved this letter to....straight in the recycling bin!
  • Hah ! I e-mailed Dawn, she replied with details of my prize ......... go on, guess what it is ........... go on guess ......... ' what', howdya know that ?

__________________________ 0/0 ___________________________

Dear Mr R******

Thank you for your email.

For award number 603498, your claim number is 5166 & your award is a Digital Camera (terms apply)

Please complete your claim form & return it to us as detailed on the correspondence. Your award details will be with you within 28 days of receipt of claim by us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Dawn Williams
    Customer Services Manager
  • Posted SAE for my 'code request'. Surprise surprise a Digital Camera! Wow. Just send £10.95 - yes £10.95 to cover postage & insurance! Please, trust me, don't even bother responding to crap like this.
  • Oh what a shame! Got my letter today and there are no digital cameras up for grabs!!! Instead they have been replaced with a 'goldtone (cr*p metal) ameythest necklace. Postage just £9.95 for this fantastic prize. Ho hum!!
  • Guess what? I have had a letter from "Unclaimed Prize Register" saying i have won wait for it........ A DIGITAL CAMERA. as i am an hgv driver & use the A449 which runs past ross-on-wye i called in to the "registered office" & guess what? it was closed. looks like the scams are out for xmas. P.S. the postage has gone up to £10.95 (includes insurance & delivery).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure