Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes?

Options

Comments

• George666
    George666 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I think ebay are being a littl enaughty there as that is very misleading. It isn't ebay protection that worries me it is paypal protection and unless parcel tracks to the address in paypal that they say is 'OK to send to' you will lose a claim.

Anyway, if i buy something i want it delivered to me, not to a shop where i have to lug it home again.

Soolin that screen shot Mancunian posted is not from ebay it is from the collectplus website so it is collectplus that is trying to decieve its customers.
    Mancunian wrote: »
    Yup, if u get bad service I won't use them either, so far so good.

It's good we have a lot of choice these days!
    The problem with that train of thought is when you sell ten items on ebay and the home delivery network mess up all of the orders and to add insult to injury go on to insult all of your buyers and your ebay selling account is badly damaged.
    In the thread I started a while ago about the home delivery network this is what happened to the seller I bought from the first time I used that seller they had 4.9 in all catagories and 99.9% with over 90000 positive feedback and were a top rated seller and used DHL to deliver my item it was a perfect transaction.
    Now when I checked them out after they started using the home delivery network as a courier they were no longer a top rated seller and they only had a DSR of 4.5 in the delivery time catagory their other DSRs are still 4.9 their feedback has also dropped to 97.6 and all of their negatives are delivery related and that happened to them in just a couple of weeks of using the home delivery network to deliver their items that was a while ago and their account when I checked still has not fully recovered.
    Soolin is right to say I am out to the home delivery network I say that as well because I like my top rated status on ebay and all the sales it brings with it.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking for delivery of an item about 1.8kg in weight. Looking at Collect Plus delivery to the buyer's door at £4.99.

I note that it is only once registered and a delivery post code is put in that it mentions £4.99 to the door. The price quoted prior to registration is £3.49 which is to a pick-up point (e.g. local shop).

The only service I've found which beats this on price is Hermes.
  • annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    I have used C+ a few times for ebay parcels and have been very pleased with the service. Average 2 days for delivery and love the convenience of dropping at the corner shop in the evenings.

I have used the £4,99 service for delivery to the door and it tracks online so is eligible for seller protection.
  • DonnyDave
    Options
    Does it charge more to deliver to the Highlands, Northern Ireland and places such as Isle of Wight?

How do you go on as a seller if your courier charges extra for delivery to these locations? How do you specify this when listing?
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    soolin wrote: »

Anyway, if i buy something i want it delivered to me, not to a shop where i have to lug it home again.

On the flip side i work all day until late, and its good to know i can collect if from my local shop that opens at 6am and closes at 9pm at a convenient time to me :D
  • DonnyDave
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    On the flip side i work all day until late, and its good to know i can collect if from my local shop that opens at 6am and closes at 9pm at a convenient time to me :D
    This is a good point. Daytime deliveries can be inconvenient for recipients and couriers alike.

They waste the time of those delivering who could be transporting goods to people who are available to take receipt.
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    I've mainly had good experiences with them, although it has taken until Day 5 to deliver almost every time. The times it has taken longer (no more than 6 days) they have sent me a free parcel code a few days later automatically which is good.

I will echo the post which mentioned the condition of the box - a number of times they have arrived looking like they have been soaked through and battered. However, I've never used them for anything of massive value so thats not an issue.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    TUS wrote: »
    I've mainly had good experiences with them, although it has taken until Day 5 to deliver almost every time. The times it has taken longer (no more than 6 days) they have sent me a free parcel code a few days later automatically which is good.

I will echo the post which mentioned the condition of the box - a number of times they have arrived looking like they have been soaked through and battered. However, I've never used them for anything of massive value so thats not an issue.

May be an issue for your buyer though! :eek:
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Strapped wrote: »
    May be an issue for your buyer though! :eek:

Er, well no as I didn't use the service as an eBay seller :-p It was to receive stuff.
  • albepi
    albepi Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I have also had problems with collectplus, paid the postage, but 5 stores refused packages as the system kept giving error messages, never resolved despite numerous phone calls back and forth. Now fighting for a refund. I would reccomend anyone to steer clear of this lot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure