places to go in school holidays ...........

Rachie_B
Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi all

im looking for recommendations of places to take the kids in the hols apart from the usual softplay / cinema etc we will be doing anyway

im thinking :

Amelia Trust farm
museum of welsh life

(also going to herons brook / dinosaur park / folly farm when we go "back home" :j :D )

any other ideas in the Cardiff/ Bridgend / swansea areas ? :confused:

Comments

• BUCK
    BUCK Posts: 117 Forumite
    Rachie_B wrote:
    Hi all

im looking for recommendations of places to take the kids in the hols apart from the usual softplay / cinema etc we will be doing anyway

im thinking :

Amelia Trust farm
    museum of welsh life

(also going to herons brook / dinosaur park / folly farm when we go "back home" :j :D )

any other ideas in the Cardiff/ Bridgend / swansea areas ? :confused:
    You could try (BARRY ISLAND) cardiff or (porthcawl)Near swansea. A bit of shopping (MCARTHURGLEN ) bridgend. (MUMBLES) swansea (OXWICH BAY) or look HERE Im pretty sure other people could come up with other Great places
    Just remembered about TECHNIQUEST CARDIFF BAY Great day out for the kids. Also here Dan yr ogof caves
  • Rachie_B
    thanks buck

we are going to Barry soon as Thomas the tank engine is there :) but never actually been to barry island so may give it a go
    we go to porthcawl all the time ,ditto for mc arthur glen as we live in Bridgend:)

we got married in the oxwich bay hotel and havent been back for ages so thanks for the reminder :)
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    i would recommend techniquest, but it is pricey, but if it's raining then you can spend hours and hours there so it is worth the money.
    as i live in Barry, i suppose i should sing it's praises, but i won't! Don't plan on spending a whole day there, and only go if it's dry. Thomas the tank engine does a little journey and again it's ridiculously expensive! i'm not sure if the fairground is open, but the amusement arcades will be and the cafes of course.
    St Fagans is a must if it's dry - nice and cheap and you can spend hours there.
  • Rachie_B
    thanks lisa,will def go to st fagans i havent been there since i was a child,cant believe ive not brought my 2 there already !

and my go back to techniquest as last time we went my youngest was a baby and now hes almost 4 and would love it ! :)
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Rhondda Heritage Park are advertising an Easter Bunny hunt down the mine.
    http://www.rhonddaheritagepark.com/events.asp
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • myrnahaz
    myrnahaz Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Entry to St Fagans is FREE. The car park costs £2.50 per day and you'd need a strong will to pass the bakery without buying something, otherwise it's the cheapest day out ever.
  • tigertiger_3
    tigertiger_3 Posts: 586 Forumite
    Hi...I know not in the area u are looking for but a lil further in brecon is cantref farm http://www.cantref.com

its a good day out you can feed the animals have a picnic etc.
    £900 towards next holiday...ta very much Mr T x
  • homersimpson_3
    homersimpson_3 Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    st fagans, cardiff museum- little back packs sold at front desk with loads of activities, techniquest, castles and boat ride to cardiff bay, swimming, dr who exhibition (the darleks are there), barry island (take them to 1p-2p amusements place to save money), go carting in newport or is that too far?, petting farms, strawberry picking, skiing on artifiical slopes in cardiff, swansea bay- have a sleep out in tent in if garden big enough & children old enough.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    next to madam patti castle is a fantastic national trust country park, its about £2.00 to aprk and its brill, the kids get to wander through the woods theres plenty of room for games like hide and seek and cricket and you can feed the ducks etc, my kids love it.

The lake in the industial park in llansamlet is free and a good place to ride bikes etc

Mumbes is fantastic along the prom.

The park in clydach is good and you can cycle along the canal

Thats how we fill our days and they are all free too!!

Any other ideas anyone? in the swansea area?
    :A :j
  • milliejon
    milliejon Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    What about Greenmeadow Community Farm in Cwmbran, the Welsh Hawking Centre just outside Barry or boating on Roath Lake.
    DMP mutual support number 174
    Total debt now (April 10) £0! - total paid off £30,221 or 100%
    I'm now debt free after 6 years!!:j
    Non smoker since June 2006 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business