Gumtree Daily Deals

cowencricket
cowencricket Posts: 16
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 12 April 2012 at 12:09PM in Gone off!
I placed two orders with Gumtree Daily Deals and Not Another Gift - in Feb, delivery within 21 days it said and I still haven't received the goods. I got a message from Gumtree saying they apologised and the goods would be sent out from the UK 9th March latest. I still don't have the goods and Gumtree and Not another gift are not answering my emails - what can I do now?

Comments

• Exact same thing has happened to me - I bought the voucher from Gumtree and used it on NotAnotherGift - still haven't received my goods and neither gumtree or NAG are replying to my emails - is this a scam?????????????
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Try their facebook page - I repeatedly posted on it when I had problems with a deal and they were ignoring my emails. You have to be persistent, but they get fed up and sort it out eventually!
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • helpaid
    helpaid Posts: 26 Forumite
    I recently had the same problem - had no response to repeated emails or facebook updates. Eventually managed to find a switchboard number through the internet and the girl gave me Steven Prendrel (Owner/Directors) mobile number. He wasn't happy that his personal number had been given out but did get my refund put through immediately.
  • littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lots of similar stories here
    Looks like their knaresborough postal address from their website is a business centre that has nothing at all to do with the company - but they are showing London WA1V 4AW which is a restaurant.

Get the feeling this is a proper watchdog type issue
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • suexf
    suexf Posts: 90 Forumite
    Had problems with a Gumtree deal once before, luckily I paid using paypal & got my money back through them by starting a claim... never took up another deal again.
    Hope this helps :)
    Puddle Jumper 1
  • If you are unhappy with Gumtree Daily Deals, please post in the Gumtree forum which has further means of help available through (me) the Lead Moderator.
  • helpaid
    helpaid Posts: 26 Forumite
    suexf wrote: »
    Had problems with a Gumtree deal once before, luckily I paid using paypal & got my money back through them by starting a claim... never took up another deal again.
    Hope this helps :)

Agreed - would only ever buy these deals again through Paypal. Unfortunately, I originally paid via debit card so was worried about lack of response from Gumtree. :mad:
  • LiamB_3
    LiamB_3 Posts: 1
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have also had the same problem I bought a 10" ePad for £99.99 on the 7th Feb from Not Another Gift via Gumtree and still waiting, Gumtree sent a few emails saying its coming waited and waited then emailed again they said I would have to contact Not Another gift , Sent them over 10 emails and you can never get through on the phone,I called the business centre where they work from and left my email and mobile twice in the last 3 weeks still nothing back.I tried to claim it back through PAYPAL but you cant if its longer than 45 days so now I`m trying through the bank .

Any Ideas on what to do next ?
  • I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure