Flashing lights Indesit washer/dryer help please

Comments

• thanks for that kbh an electrician came out today and said I need a new board as indesit newer models they do not put the codes in that the electricians can use. They want you to use their electricians. The model number that I think this model is is longer than most model numbers so I do not know if I have the right model number. Can anyone tell me how many number and letters should be in it? Thanks and kbh how many numbers were in yours? I think this is all it needs but apparantly indesit do not publish these or let the electrician have access to them. taffy
  • matmad
    matmad Posts: 50 Forumite
    We've got this model and it has been a pain in the backside. It's an 'S' at the end of the model number, not a 5. WIDL126S

It did the same thing as yours with the flashing lights when it was a few months old and still under warranty. Engineer came and fiddled with it and it was OK for a while.

Few months later it did it again and wouldn't spin unles I fiddled around with it. Eventually it gave up the ghost. A local washing machine fixer - lovely old chap - came round and diagnosed the problem.

Apparently the machine's brain (circuit board thingy or whatever) is situated in a vulnerable position, and if you use too much washing powder, it foams up all over the electrics and destroys them.

He had to send away for a new brain, which cost about £150 altogether with labour, etc.

He advised me to only use one washing tablet instead of the two I had been using. Washes just as well with one and saves money.

It's been ok since then, but I don't trust it now.
  • thanks mat and I think there you have the problem my delightful oh has been putting the washing stuff in lately and I had bought soap powder and conditioner all in one and he informed me he was putting 2 caps in the wash and 1 cap in the conditioner window. ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh I had to rewash about 5 loads as still full of soap powder being put in the conditioner tray. Costly thing getting oh to do the laundry. Yes electrician said I need a new board arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh again but thanks for that that explains it now. taffy
  • matmad wrote: »
    We've got this model and it has been a pain in the backside. It's an 'S' at the end of the model number, not a 5. WIDL126S

It did the same thing as yours with the flashing lights when it was a few months old and still under warranty. Engineer came and fiddled with it and it was OK for a while.

Few months later it did it again and wouldn't spin unles I fiddled around with it. Eventually it gave up the ghost. A local washing machine fixer - lovely old chap - came round and diagnosed the problem.

Apparently the machine's brain (circuit board thingy or whatever) is situated in a vulnerable position, and if you use too much washing powder, it foams up all over the electrics and destroys them.

He had to send away for a new brain, which cost about £150 altogether with labour, etc.

He advised me to only use one washing tablet instead of the two I had been using. Washes just as well with one and saves money.

It's been ok since then, but I don't trust it now.
    The part cost £150? Blimey I didn't think it would cost that much. Don't know whether I should buy a new washing machine or get it fixed. Trouble is we are thinking of moving and don't know if the new place that we get will have a wahing machine but don't really want to spend 150 on this piece of rubbish. Anyone got any suggestions? Yikes and xmas is coming
  • maz16
    maz16 Posts: 27 Forumite
    taffy have you tried reseting the machine if you have black dots between programmes set it to any one and hold for approx 10 sec and see if it resets
  • I have a knob that goes from one number to another there does not seem like black dots between the knob and the number. It just goes from 1 2 3 etc and nothing in between. This is a washer/dryer I do not know if this makes any difference. I will try to see tho. We had an electrician come out and he said indesit will not supply them with the codes to fix the machines like all the other manufacturers do. If that resetting was possible do you think he would have done it/ known about it? He seemed like a decent bloke and said he would price those boards for me. thanks anyway maz.
  • maz16
    sorry taffy only the ones with 3 spaced black dots cab be reset
  • maz16
    taffy trade price for module 52.00 but you will get charged approx 80.00 plus labour not worth it as these are crap machines go to argos or tesco they usualy do good deals try for tricity bendix or zanussi but dont take shops cover get direct from manufacturer after year is up they will write to you if you are in england electrolux is ok too hope this helps avoid indesit service hotpoint and beko
  • maz16 wrote: »
    taffy trade price for module 52.00 but you will get charged approx 80.00 plus labour not worth it as these are crap machines go to argos or tesco they usualy do good deals try for tricity bendix or zanussi but dont take shops cover get direct from manufacturer after year is up they will write to you if you are in england electrolux is ok too hope this helps avoid indesit service hotpoint and beko

thanks for that yes the electrician said he could get me a Bosch for 360 installed and delivered and he will not even sell indesit as it is such crap. Trouble is I would do that but a house we were thinking of moving to the deal has fallen through and we are still looking. Even in rental places sometimes there are washers included sometimes there are not so I do not know what to do. If we were staying I think I would do as you suggest and get a new reputable machine. The electrician said it would be about 100 for new board but am still waiting for him to let me know. Thank you for taking the time to reply tho.
  • maz16
    taffy are there no companies near you who sell reconditioned machines you should get one for 80,00 plus min 6mnths gaur we repair and sell but are in scotland what about the repair man does he not do reconditioned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure