The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

3-Maidenhead in my bank statement

Comments

• Hi
    It's used by Connect3 internet broadband when you top up an account.
  • JacksterD
    JacksterD Posts: 293 Forumite
    Three charge this when you take out a new contract with them. Three themselves aren't scamming you, but someone will have used your card to set up a new mobile contract. Check it out with Three and with your bank asap.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    I think it's quite funny the way the OP is so so concerned about the so-called '3-Maidenhead scam' which he claims has cost him 50p, and so apparently unconcerned about the 'unauthorised' cash withdrawals from ATM's .... love to know how he knows the exact time interval between the 'unauthorised' withdrawals as well. Yet he doesn't mention that his card may have been lost or stolen ....

Love the way Newbie mitchlevy jumped on the bandwagon ...
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    mitchlevy wrote: »
    Hi Just checked my John Lewis credit card statement and found £15.00 a month has been taken from my card for the last 3 months by a company called 3-maidenhead cant find out what they are but am told its a scam, have had to cancel my card a real pain

Did you ever actually think to call your credit card company and ask for information about these transactions or dispute them if you didn't recognise them, before cancelling your card? You say you can't find out who they are from but who did you ask? 3 is a BIG giveaway especially if you have a 3 phone!
    Don't you remember topping up your mobile/taking out the contract? Who told you it's quite a scam? Your bank, kalkajim or Mr John Lewis?
  • If you do an internet top up for a 3G "pay as you go" internet dongle it will show 3-Maidenhead on the Bank/credit card statement.
  • Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1EH

3G, yes, thank you.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Was going to post, then realised that thread started in 2010 and Op has never replied.....

Time to put this to bed me thinks :cool:
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • i had this its from when i payed my 3 bill over the phone
    ;)
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    andy200125 wrote: »
    i had this its from when i payed my 3 bill over the phone
    ;)
    Good for you.
    You may get a better response to your query if you post a new thread not on this old one.:cool:
  • Panic not people i was pondering this myself then did a little research tracked my finances and it was mobile 3 network.I had paid a bill via my 3 on line.Just keep track of your spending and all will be fine:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure