The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Feb-YOU-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Snagggles
    Snagggles Posts: 434 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2013 at 8:31PM
    Oh nooooo, picked up different bag, so don't have my lunch with me. Right, damage control. I have two Cup-a-Soups in my desk drawer, and a sachet of chocolate Horlicks. I'm only at work until 4pm, so that should be enough to keep me going, along with coffee! :).

Evening edit: Woohoo, managed it! :T
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • Snagggles wrote: »
    Oh nooooo, picked up different bag, so don't have my lunch with me. Right, damage control. I have two Cup-a-Soups in my desk drawer, and a sachet of chocolate Horlicks. I'm only at work until 4pm, so that should be enough to keep me going, along with coffee! :).

Evening edit: Woohoo, managed it! :T

Well done Snaggles! I don't know if you had them in your drawer as a result of my tip saying it's what I do at work, but if so I'm really pleased it came in useful! :j

Funnily enough I was a little bit lazy lastnight and am starting to get bored of my 'low cal' lunches (they're still high cal, just not as high as they were lol). I'd just bought a fresh loaf of bread in the supermarket so decided to pack a couple of slices as my lunch and use them to dunk in the oxtail cup a soup I keep here. Bread is gone already but the bonus is that lunch lasts longer as the soup is too hot to wolf back like I might have done cooler and more solid lunches! (I'm still supping at it now). Must remember to replenish the stocks after my next shopping trip.

How has everyone coped with LTW days in February, it seems to have been quieter in here this month. Will there be a thread for March (apologies if I missed the post for this already)? I've had to start a log on my desk calendar for LTW days for each month as it's becoming harder to take into account annual leave days and the likes! :rotfl:
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2013 at 1:33PM
    I'm still hanging on in there, courgette and salami pasta for me today and yesterday though I picked the onions out of it today :eek:

My planned leftover noodles didn't happen on Monday as DH ate them Sunday night so I had leftover cauliflower cheese and parsnips on Monday instead. I've bought a few 'provisions' (*cough* chocolate) but from the supermarket and multipack prices.

I have bread in my drawer and cheese in the fridge for tomorrow :)

Well done to everyone :T
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I'm still doing this. I now see leftovers as lunch fodder!

It feels good to not do these unnecessary food spends. Today I bought a perfume which cost what I used to spend each week.

Keep up the good work everyone :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :hello:

Apologies for not posting the new thread up yesterday :doh::naughty:

I will post it up now because I might be too busy later.

Big well dones to every one of you :j keep it up for March and by the end we will be through the first quarter of the year!

the new thread is called March-ing and munching 2013 so feel free to pop over :dance::wave:
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Evening to you all

Hope everyone is well and reaching their targets!

I still haven't got around to making paella yet but I do intend to when I get a bit of time. :o

I finished the month 1 day short of my target but I am happy with that. :D still lots better than last year.

Enjoy your evening

CW
    NSD Challenge 2015: Jan 20 / 20 (2 x 5 in-a-row) / Feb 5 / 12 (4 in-a-row) :D

Lesson learnt from 2012: I cannot be trusted to credit card stooze!

Barclaycard at 2 / 02 / 2015 [STRIKE]£4,600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4540[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4000[/STRIKE] £3250 need to pay it off by 08 / 2015 before mortgage completion
  • kobrakai
    kobrakai Posts: 138 Forumite
    Am still going along with this - my savings account sure appreciates me putting money in every Friday! I did slip last Friday though as I got home on Thursday and realised I had nothing to make sandwiches with...so I had to cheat and buy one from Tesco. Still managed to save £95 over the month though!
    £2 Savers Club 2014 #38 | 20p Savers Club 2014 #37 | 50p Savers Club 2014 #29
    £365 in 365 days #89 £9/£365 | DFBX2014 challenge #023 £70/£6500
    Weekly Saving Challenge 2014 #30 £6/£1378
    Save 12k in 2014 #159 £80.62/£2000
  • Well that's February over! Managed 2/3 days this week - I'm on annual leave today! However, Wednesday was a planned spend day as I "deserved" a treat and I was on a course :o

Tuesday was a jacket potato I'd cooked at home when the oven was on anyway and some coleslaw I'd packed into a tub - see adventurous!! :D and yesterday was my usual cheese sarnie along with the crisps etc.

thats a total february spend of £2.92 :)

It's great to see how well everyone is doing and I hope everyone is well :)
  • kitrat
    kitrat Posts: 352
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    How long would you think spanish omelette would keep in the fridge?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure