IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Ticket Belfast HELP PLEASE!!

Comments

• Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Ignore it completely and COMPLAIN to the Line Manager at the CAB that wrong advice has been given about fake PCNs. For the CAB to be taking it seriously is naive at the very least, sharp practice even. It only takes a quick Google to understand the facts:

Letters to expect from these cowboys:

In NI, there is no POPLA appeals service so there is no point whatsoever in appealing. No point at all. You are right about the unclear signs issue but it's not worth wasting a stamp over. Far easier to ignore UKPC.

And shove this fact down the CAB's throat. UKPC have NEVER taken anyone to Court, almost no PPC ever tries a small claim at all. A PPC would lose a defended claim.

And just as importantly, UKPC do not own the car park (they own none AFAIK) so have no right to 'offer spaces to park'. In theory the landowner could, if there was a loss proveable - but not a private firm with a few signs up and no ownership rights and no way to 'offer' the parking space (the landowner/occupier offers it, not them).

Therefore no contract exists and no loss has been suffered by UKPC. The same is true for ANY PPC that does not own or have leasehold property rights in the car park. They act as 'agents' for the landowner only, on a contract with the landowner basis only. There is no enforceable contract they can make with a driver.

They have no other rights, it's all bluff and bluster involving some signs, some pieces of paper and an impersonation of authority that the CAB should really see right through.

The CAB should be embarrassed about their advice - we understand that it was written by a PPC owner years ago who was also a CAB adviser at the time. It's advice based on a bias, a severe conflict of interests that has never been resolved despite letters pointing it out. COMPLAIN.

I think I might just do that. They are supposed to be INDEPENDENT and on our side. Putting the wind up us is just not helping!!!

Cheers :)
  • hushman
    hushman Posts: 10 Forumite
    got a ticket in boucher road belfast {outside petworld}looking for £60-posted on here and was told DON,T PAY !!. As it happens was driving across millfield on wednesday last week and spotted to "legit" traffic wardens. Done a quick U turn and pulled up beside them. I asked them if they had a minute , they said of course. I started telling theme about what happened the previous sunday and before I got the first sentence out one of them said, "dont tell me one of them f%%king ukpc guys give you a ticket" I kid you not. His words to me were, and I quote, " tear the f??king ticket up, they have no right to be issuing tickets, there a private company trying there luck".

So I now await the first of the letters to start arriving...

good luck hush.
  • hushman wrote: »
    got a ticket in boucher road belfast {outside petworld}looking for £60-posted on here and was told DON,T PAY !!. As it happens was driving across millfield on wednesday last week and spotted to "legit" traffic wardens. Done a quick U turn and pulled up beside them. I asked them if they had a minute , they said of course. I started telling theme about what happened the previous sunday and before I got the first sentence out one of them said, "dont tell me one of them f%%king ukpc guys give you a ticket" I kid you not. His words to me were, and I quote, " tear the f??king ticket up, they have no right to be issuing tickets, there a private company trying there luck".

So I now await the first of the letters to start arriving...

good luck hush.

And it's not like the 'red coats' to be nice!! (maybe some of them are) :)

Thanks hush, that's good to know :beer:

I was talking to someone in 'Law' over the weekend and they pretty much said the same thing. They are gonna get some info together for me so I know exactly what I'm dealing with. Just for peace of mind!! ;)
  • hushman
    your very welcome..... If you get any feedback from the "law" dont forget to post up there findings....Surely were no different from the rest of the uk are we ??.

good luck hush.
  • hushman
    Ok have just received my first letter and they now want £100.... it has taken since the 16th of feb to today 22nd april {make that more than 60days}phoned the consumer council of northern ireland and they said that they are well within there rights to ask for payment !!. I said have they ever looked at this forum which they said no. I explained that I had spoke to a policeman and traffic wardens{proper wardens that is} and they have said under no circumstances should I pay. Something needs to be done in parliment to have these scammers stopped. The law is to grey {who is right and who is wrong}I will hold out to see what happens.......

good luck hush.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,638
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yep just ignore it completely, except if ever they tried a small claim (won't happen!). :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yup, POFA only applies in England and Wales - so you don't have either Keeper Liability or POPLA in Scotland or NI. So IGNORING the scam and the meaningless scary letters is you only best option. :)
  • hushman
    thanks all, just needed reassuring. I wonder if it did reach court could I call up martin lewis as a character witness lol !!.

regards hush
  • flixxchick
    flixxchick Posts: 13 Forumite
    hushman wrote: »
    Ok have just received my first letter and they now want £100.... it has taken since the 16th of feb to today 22nd april {make that more than 60days}phoned the consumer council of northern ireland and they said that they are well within there rights to ask for payment !!. I said have they ever looked at this forum which they said no. I explained that I had spoke to a policeman and traffic wardens{proper wardens that is} and they have said under no circumstances should I pay. Something needs to be done in parliment to have these scammers stopped. The law is to grey {who is right and who is wrong}I will hold out to see what happens.......

good luck hush.

Well, I've heard nothing since I got my letter. The "incident" happened to me at the beginning of December, according to their records!! I did write to them asking for proof that this wasn't a scam. I haven't heard anything. Maybe mine is in the post ;)
  • hushman
    ok final demand has arrived today. Have 14 days to pay £100 fine or will it will be handed over to debt recovery agency. Letter number 2......

Is it "squakey bum time" yet ?:rotfl:

good luck hush.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family