Clothing for Interview on JSA

2»

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 April 2010 at 9:34PM
    Thanks for this :)

I feel so stressed because it's such short notice. I did have smart black trousers from my previous job (which I left 6 months ago to move here) but I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and dropped 2 sizes, so they don't fit anymore.

Short notice things stress me big time!

Glad you didnt take offence.

There was a post on here a couple of months ago for the same thing
    but the OP had been out of work for, like you, 6 months and she had gained 4 stone, so think yourself lucky.;)

I'd offer to sent you something but Im a size 8 and theres not many of us about.

good luck with your interview.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneff wrote: »
    Glad you didnt take offence.

There was a post on here a couple of months ago for the same thing
    but the OP had been out of work for, like you, 6 months and she had gained 4 stone, so think yourself lucky.;)

I'd offer to sent you something but Im a size 8 and theres not many of us about.

good luck with your interview.

If only I was a size 8! I'd be jumping for joy ;) :rotfl:

I did think about primark as my first solution, until my Mum mentioned the ADF and jogged my memory of all the things the job centre told me 6 months ago. :o
    :heartsmil Proud Weight Watcher :heartsmil
    Start Weight: 15st 13lb Current Weight: 10st 5lb
    Total Loss to Date: 5st 8lb
    - - -
    Current 2011 Goal: Lose 8lb by 25th December
    Loss This Week: -3 Total Loss 2011: -3
  • It's a Primark suit I am sending you today so it's like mail order ;) Special delivery and will be with you before 1pm tomorrow. MAKE SURE YOU'RE IN!!

let me know it has arrived ok x
    :A

• KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Did you just start signing on yesterday? Why do you have no suitable clothing for an interview? If what you say is true then you do not meet qualifying criteria for being available for work and as such should not be receiving JSA.
  • angelbob
    angelbob Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi i know this is probably too late now but it mght help others i used to work for the Arcadia Group (Dorothy Perkis, Evans,Burton etc) and every week we would have customers come in, normally following a phone call from job centre with a letter for interview/work clothes, somepeople had suits,trousers, shirts, skirts,shoes (some people tried to take this !!!! and ask for party dresses little tops but weren't allowd) they also weren't allowed reciept (stops cash refunds) but ask ou migth get something.
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2023 #59 £7008 Paid £570 Owing £6438 #1 H1 £151, #2 H2 £100, #3 O £200, #4 M £1500, #5 Z £295, #6 C1 £340, #7 L £1084, #8 N £840, #9 C2 £1930
  • vaporate
    vaporate Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    McKneff wrote: »
    Failing that, Primark do black trousers for a fiver and a blouse for £3.
    Not overly expensive and you could save them for further interviews.

Wow that is cheap.

Wont last long though as it must be cheap materials
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    OK two little tips, 1) If you have a mail order account i.e. next, very etc, order a suit, wear it for the interview then return it. 2) Go into town especialy around the office area and look in charity shops for interview clothing, it's a decent suit you need so a slight swallowing of pride to get a job is worth it.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • jimbms wrote: »
    OK two little tips, 1) If you have a mail order account i.e. next, very etc, order a suit, wear it for the interview then return it.

Please don't do this. When people buy clothes they expect them to be new, not previously worn. And for anyone who says that they wash it before sending it back, that only diminishes the original shape and colour of the clothing and makes it stink of fabric softener.

To the OP: If you're that out of pocket, just go to Primark. Sure, it won't last long, but it should do for the interview plus the first week of the job if you get it. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure