Want best spec PC for under £400 (excl monitor)

Hi all,

I would be grateful if someone could give pointers as to where i could get hold of the best spec'ed PC (without the monitor) for a budget of £400 or so.

It needs to be pretty good for gaming (good grahics card) and have DVD Re-Writer inclusive.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Manik

Comments

• honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Manik,

Can't quite believe I'm replying to this as I'm a complete computer novice

BUT

Our friend who is very computer clued up helped us buy ours from http://www.europc.co.uk/.

He has bought two for himself and one for his Mum from there - all three were advertised as refurbished but they were all brand new - same for ours.

Really fast delivery too :T
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    or try here (I couldn't get the link to Dell to work though)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/Article1045.phtml
  • piazope
    piazope Posts: 25 Forumite
    Suggest u visit (large) W H Smiths and preview, don’t buy – look (as most people do) to see if any review of what PC u want, take a note of the manufacturers tel number, I programme into my mobile). The larger Smiths have about 20 mags and you can bet many have reviews. ( U can also visit large Library, most have several PC mags, they also keep back issues, and Which Mag - photocopy rewiews u interested in)

Now u have telephone number, call the manufacturer; refer to mag review and tell them what you plan to use PC for and how much more, if anything, your specification will cost – also advise them u need a written quote as u must get 3 quotes from different suppliers to compare prices with your Boss.

Computer Shopper have advice on ordering, they have a 'purchase order' type form (you can fax to supplier) so as to ensure u get exactly what u want/ordered at agreed £.. some mag publishers will contact PC supplier if u have problems delay/spec/£- but u MUST use mags order form.

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport