Free Letter From Santa (merged)

Comments

• Hear hear Elcoline - I was brought up talking about Father Christmas, and hate the way Santa Claus is gradually taking over.

Thanks for the posting Martin - will use it for my grandsons.
  • Wow, that's a great site, Nololly!
    Could hardly tear myself away from it but then I'm just a great big kid at heart ;)

I believe in Father Christmas :D

BTW, elcoline, Santa isn't an 'Americanism'
    It's short for his real name - Saint Nicolas :)
    I'll catch up tomorrow!
  • there was a post on here before from someone who used to work for royal mail they said as long as you put father christmas/santa on the envolope and obviously your childs name and addy inside "father christmas will reply letters have to be posted before the 16th though to get back in time for christmas.
    they have been doing this for many years and my mum used to do it for me when i was a wee nipper!! ;D ;D

[move][glow=red,2,300]Happy Christmas[/glow][/move]
  • It's true that some of these companies are overcharging. However, not all letters are the same.

The company that I am affiliated with produces a highly personalised letter (mentioning their pets, friends etc) with free doorhanger, whereas the Royal Mail's letter is a general letter addressed to the child.

I have myself used the Royal Mail's service and it's a very nice letter with a Santa Postmark on the envelope, and considering it's free you can't go wrong.

I think it's a case of horses for courses.
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    they have been doing this for many years and my mum used to do it for me when i was a wee nipper!! ;D ;D
    Us too! My parents owned a sub Post Office and my younger brother & sister sent a letter to Santa every year. (Just worked out that we 1st started sending them over 25 years ago :o, I feel old).
    As long as it says Santa or Father Christmas or something like that you should get a reply.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • For the last two years my children wrote to Father Christmas and every morning we waited with eager anticipation for the postman to deliver a reply from the Royal Mail. Unfortunately neither child got a reply so this year we found https://www.fatherchristmasletters.co.uk and yes i did pay £5.99 per letter but you should have seen the kids delight when they received the letters - they were just fabulous. By writing to Santa and buying our letters we get entered into a prize draw to win £500 of Amazon vouchers so all in all i think this is a pretty good deal.
  • For those of you feeling charitable ChildLine offer this service for a minimum donation of £5. Admittedly it's not as money saving as free, but its for the kids.

Taken from http://www.childline.org.uk/content.asp?section=ExtraPage&id=218

...Simply make a donation to ChildLine (minimum £5 per letter requested) by sending a cheque or postal order (made payable to ChildLine) to Santa’s Little Helpers, ChildLine, 45 Folgate Street, London E1 6GL. Please enclose your own details and your nominated child’s name, age and address. The deadline for ordering your Letter from Santa is 3 December.
  • just poped mine in the post
  • wilsons
    wilsons Posts: 87 Forumite
    Does posting the letter to

Santa
    Reindeerland
    SAN TA1

still work for Northern Ireland?
  • wow...i cant believe game are charing that much...cheeky beggars! 240.95, with 22.00 off...how generous

:o
    Stevie Coppell's record breaking blue and white royal army - championship winners 2005-6
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure