Complete Electric Rewiring 3 bedroom house

2»

Comments

• firstly how big is your house . the firm i work for are usualy 3000 for a 3 bed house rewire with everything brand new inc fuse board and a full niceic. what to look for in a good electrician is that they usualy only give one price after seeing what you want and will stick to it aslong as you dont add things after and they will usualy work 9 hours a day with only a 20 min break that size house will take 4 to 5 days max and the best way to act aslong as they work like this is to just leave them alone only see what the job is like 3 hours before completion to then ask about anything you would like done better and remember to not complement or show how greatfull for how well the job is done untill the very end and when you pay them, lastly and most imprtant teh best electricians will not ask for any money untill the work is finished, in my experience only workers on a very tight budget or bad workers will ask for money before or durein the works unless teh job is quoted over 6000 if its a masive house
  • just to add the quotes i gave will only need you to have a basic decorator in afterwards that means everything will be plasterd back in so only light sanding and painting will be needed after
  • Londonelectrician
    Londonelectrician Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2010 at 12:19PM
    Hi Bauk...

I would say the quote is about right, slightly on the high price as my company carried out the same work but also with a camera security system for 2700....

Just make sure you check they are part p registered to 17th edition standards, that way they cant take any shortcuts and you should receive a good standard of work.
  • Hi sharonda, my girlfriends mum lived in farnborough and has just had a part rewire done before she moved house, i know she got a reasonable price as im an electrician myself...im not sure if im allowed to give out the company name but it cant do any harm, right? ''patman electrical''

please can someone inform me before repoting me if i have broken any rules...apologies if so!
  • Yooj_2
    Yooj_2 Posts: 96 Forumite
    It is frowned upon mate...

Also, do you realise that you are replying to a thread that is 2 years old?

Yooj
  • i did not notice that no lol...thanks yooj!
  • KillerWatt
    KillerWatt Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    i did not notice that no lol...thanks yooj!
    Nice try ;)
    Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.
  • ChristianV
    ChristianV Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2012 at 11:01PM
    that is what i would charge as well for that kind of work. (£2400) without kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure