How much to have bathroom suite fitted ?

Options
Hi all, am getting a new bathroom and have no idea how much it costs to get someone in to fit it - anyone have any rough figures to give me some sort of idea ? x

Comments

• ozskin
    ozskin Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    you need to be a bit more specific. list exactly what you propose to have done and then we can try and advise
  • LizzieandThomas
    Options
    Sorry, basically just the fitting of new toilet sink and bath. we will probably remove old one to save on costs. You can tell i dont have a clue cant you ! :o
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    The bathroom in my house cost just under £2000 which included wall tiles.
    I dont know how reasonable this is as the previous owners had it fitted.
    Have you considered fitting it youself? its pretty easy if your fairly good at DIY.
  • LizzieandThomas
    Options
    Im not good at diy - may try and convince the other half. thanks
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're having a new suite fitted in a couple of weeks. It will cost £1500 to supply and fit bath, toilet, basin and full height tiles on one 6ft wall plus full height tiles the on about 2.5 ft on the other wall.
    The tiles are cheapish ones, and the suite is the armitage shanks standard one with the basic taps.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    Plumbing is very easy to do nowdays especially whith the plastic snap together pipes!
  • b21playa
    Options
    defo try yourself if you got some knowledge

im doing the majority of the work myself on my house renovation, and the bathroom will be a part of it. i got shower, bather, sink, toilet to fit and fully file it out
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    flang wrote:
    Plumbing is very easy to do nowdays especially whith the plastic snap together pipes!
    Except when they come apart as in "The million pound property experiment" :eek: or the cowboy left the inserts out.
    Back to the OP, a straight swap (no re-locating any of the elements, no swapping which end the taps on the bath are etc.) with no tiling, existing pipework being OK and any other caveats I can think of before I quote for the job :D I say would be in the region of £300-£400 (and that's depending on where you are e.g. not in the Home counties, central London etc.). Problems to watch out for are when you want to do the tiling and being left without a working toilet, both of which can affect the price. (two visits not one)
    This is one of those jobs that you really want to see, check out and discuss with the customer first. Not least to make sure the "shed" you bought the suite from gave you everything you need too!
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £350 for a swop inc materials
  • travel_freak
    Options
    A little bit off topic but, I have a broken cistern, it seems old and may be difficult to get parts for, is it possible to just take the cistern (top bit) off, leaving the lower bit in place?

Are cisterns kind of universal or would i need to be careful that the one I was getting was suitable first, to fir the lower bit?

Is this a DIY job (thought I might ask my Dad very nicely!) and if so any tips or hazards to watch out for?

Many thanks and sorry to go slightly off topic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure