BT Broadband - FREE LAPTOP

Options

Comments

• malamute
    malamute Posts: 710 Forumite
    Options
    tankgirl1 wrote: »

Well done you have just given clarity to the whole deal :T. I have my Mac code and will be going elsewhere. Aol is also a no no as my exchange has not been upgraded to take Aol directly so i can't get the offer at £19.99 and £29.99 is out of the question along with 24 months just to get the laptop it's just not worth it.
  • LSM_2
    LSM_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    yep, 3yr x £24.99 a month - ouch!

offered me 12 month @ 12.99 on option 1 with BT Vision.

Wasn't keen to give me a MAC code, recommended I looked up AOL / Orange on google before giving MAC code as slated them majorly!

I'm out of my 12 month contract by about 2 weeks...

Just wanted to see what the offer was...Didn't majorly push them (pretended I didn't know what I'm talking about) although I'm an IT Manager!
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well. :confused:
  • STRAWB
    STRAWB Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I have been with bt for about 5 years whats the chance of me getting one? and how would i go about it
  • Jabberwock
    Options
    Hi OH just got home from work, so have been able to pump him for more info He says that it is an Acer with 512mb memory, 80gb hd, 14.1 screen with free delivery, he has agreed to a 3 year contract and there is no change in cost to our monthly price plan. For us it makes it worthwhile because we had no intention of leaving BT as we are happy with their service and were already paying £24.99 a month for our package so for us it means we get a free laptop but can understand why others might not want to be tied to BT for such a length of time
    On top of that because we live in the North of Scotland it would have cost us £34.99 a month for the same package with AOL, so we are definitely happy bunnies.
    Cheers
    Jabberwock
  • liamsmum05
    Options
    but what they dont also tell you is you need a credit check for the free laptop!.
    i applied for the aol free laptop offer and i was still with aol still am..all because my credit check failed i didnt get it neither did partner yet his credit history is perfect!
    beware of this you may be accepted for the offer but it only takes the credit check to fail;
    :j proud to be dealing with my debt:j
    debt total 16/09/2008 = £9518.38:eek:
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    LSM wrote: »
    (pretended I didn't know what I'm talking about) although I'm an IT Manager!

Well if you're anything like our IT manager, you probably don't know what you're talking about :D
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Jabberwock
    Options
    Hi, we really can't complain, we don't NEED another laptop however 1 for free is something that we won't sniff at. In the the north of Scotland we are seriously limited to broadband providers, our current plan with BT allows us to download all we need and we have never had withdrawal of service unlike many of our friends who have sat without access for 2 and a half months (Orange).
    Albertross I don't know where in the country you are situated but £24.99 up here in the frozen North is actually a pretty good deal..................and I'm not being cheeky but if you can find me better I'll stand you a pint or maybe even 2!!
  • Jabberwock
    Options
    Cheers for that Albertross, unfortunately BT are still the only 1 that provide everything we require, and still the cheapest for us. Guess it's a different story further South but up here they really don't have any competition so BT wins hands down.
    However heres a virtual pint on me :beer:
    Cheers
    Jabberwock
  • Ems*Honie
    Ems*Honie Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Theres more info on this offer if you search forums, theres one thread in tech and info on the AOL thread too.

I went for this and received a 17" HP with Basic vista, 512mb memory, 80gb hd, it arrived within 2 weeks and the deal was exactly the terms I was on already.

ETA, When I signed up it seemed to be aimed at long term customers who were out of contract, but that could have changed.
  • alanwarwic
    Options
    if you can have AOL its most likely you can have the Tiscali £5.50 a month or any of the other £5 broadband offers. (you also pay the line rental to them)
    Moneysaving Expert do not reply to requests regarding deleting membership.

Once here you are here forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure