The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Flower08 wrote: »
    Great news about getting on the pampers trial Dinah - as you say it all helps and they might send you some more :) I dont use them simply because boots and asda ones are cheaper and just as good.
    I am having trouble with Noah in his pushchair as well but thats because he wants to walk everywhere now which takes an eternity, doesnt help that hes so nosey either!

Invites look great Wendz :)

Grace is desperate to be out and walking too... shame she can't walk yet!
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Take a look at the Ergo baby carrier, Dinah. It's a bit pricey but according to my Crunchy mother friends, it's one of the best. It's what OH and I are planning on getting instead of a pram when we have our Bambino :) Comes in some seriously cute patterns too!

Hope you're feeling better soon, Grace too and that NIM's hand isn't too badly injured! What on earth did he do?! Good luck with your running too :)

Just looked it up but it won't work for us, we have a babyhawk mei tai and Grace screams blue murder when you put her in it, she likes to be able to see what's going on around her (plus it's really uncomfy in a snowsuit, her legs just don't go far enough apart). So we need something forward facing, whether that's worn on the front or back.

They think he did it at football when he took a tumble. Good news is it isn't broken, bad news is he has torn something so it's in a splint for a few weeks.

In a funny way it's nice to hear of Grace having a normal cold and not have to be admitted to hospital or anything! Not so much the screaming though :eek:
    It's really good. Although it's a runny cold not a blocked nose so it's a lot less worrying.
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    How did I miss Lara's post?! Sounds like you're crazy busy! Can't wait to see the results at the end of the month. Why does white gloss go yellow anyways?! If it's to do with smoking I'll give OH a royal telling off (although he smokes outside, I've seen the scary NHS adverts!) We have patches on windowsills where it's happening.
    Have you seen the new tumour adverts? They freak me out, I don't smoke and I can't watch them. Then I discovered my cousin's husband is the creative director behind them so now I force myself to watch them even though there is no good reason for me to.
    I think you are doing amazingly well with the debt repayment Dinah. When you are DF will you be able to live on NIM's wages or will you still need a second income?
    On paper we'd be about £200 a month short, in reality to live the lifestyle we want without having to say no to meals out, or panic if the car needs £200 of work doing etc I'd like to be bringing in another £1000 a month, but that's getting back to working half time really.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Eww I hate the new anti-smoking adverts, if I was a smoker they'd make me feel ill about what I was doing to myself! _pale_

Lara, I really don't like glossing! I don't have the patience at all and manage to end up with it looking streaky, blobby and there are always hairs (from both the brush and my head!) stuck in it too! :o
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Hi everyone

Haven't been on for a few days due to work etc. I have been very good trying to de-clutter, though and have some stuff that is going on Music Magpie when the send the labels - a load of CDs and DVDs and only totalling to £5.47 :mad: On the plus side it's better to get it in than spend it out and it's getting rid of stuff that didn't even go at a car boot sale! I also put a load of stuff on Amazon but took it off when they added the charges - good grief, I would have ended up paying for people to take the stuff so looks like it's the charity shop instead.

Next Monday is OH's birthday and I would usually have gone out and spent loads of money I don't have on him. This year I have bought a couple of bits but I've also printed off some free love tokens to give him and I'll make a little thing to put them in (that's the technical term!). I have also got some pictures of his dad (who died last month) and am going to create a sort of montage in a frame for him. I'm hoping he'll like them and they'll only cost for the frame.

Just catching up with other stuff....I can't watch those nicotine adverts. My mum is a heavy smoker and when she lived in a house she'd smoke in the kitchen with the back door open. It was awful but at least bearable. Now she lives in a flat and has stopped going outside for one so the place stinks. When I cleaned her windows they had nicotine on them :eek:
    Dinah and NIM hope you and Grace are all feeling better, and you Shrimpy.

Birdie, I've just seen your signature, Dejunk 2013....can borrow that idea, it's fab?

Lara I'll keep you in mind when we (finally) start decorating sometime this year....there's plenty to gloss in this house :rotfl:
    Let's start again (really need a kick up the bum now) :wall:
    Virgin CC £9793.71
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Hehe I could have a little glossing sideline on the go ;)

(Might need it after my PhD finishes :rotfl:)
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Birdie85
    Well if you fancy a trip to Yorkshire Lara I don't mind being your guinea-pig for your portfolio! ;) I'll pay you in cheese scones and hugs! :)

Pilchard, the photo montage sounds like a lovely present for your OH, I'm sure he'll love it. Once you've done it you'll have to post a photo in the Room of Wonder! :)

I've been pretty lax with my dejunking for the past couple of weeks but of course you can join in with the challenge. :) I did do more spare room crafty stuff sorting on Saturday, just need to add it to my list (when I find the notebook with it in...) and rejig the total in my sig! :) Also just had a brainwave for some extra storage in the wardrobe as we're wasting a lot of space ATM so I'm going to take out the look-nice-but-actually-good-for-nothing shelves and baskets and get one of these and put it in there instead to use for clothes (t-shirts, pjs, undies etc) and accessories. :) It's not pretty but it'll be hidden behind the wardrobe door and it'll be useful! :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Quiet in here today. Anybody got any plans for the weekend? It's me, the PhD and the cupboard I'm afraid, in a writing-sanding-cleaning frenzy :p We are planning a Harry Potter film and a little bit of booze for this evening though. OH and I are well overdrawn this month already, so no galavanting. Maybe we will meet up with our friends and their sweet children for a bit tomorrow too.

I forgot to say I got a slow cooker two weeks ago with the last of my Christmas money. Anybody else use one? So far I've only cooked a Jamie Oliver chilli, but it was really nice. Beef bourguignon (sp?) is brewing in there now. It better be nice. Cooking at breakfast makes you think about dinner the whole day long!
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Birdie85
    Sounds like a decent weekend Lara! For me, it's a friend's birthday party tomorrow night, but other than that we've got no solid plans. :) Going to try to convince OH to take me out for a nice breakfast on Sunday. :)

I haven't got a slow cooker but I'd love one. We're going to have a bit of a kitchen clear-out and try to make some room for one as I'd love to come home to a proper cooked meal every night without having to spend ages making it when I really don't feel like it! :o Hope your dinner is as nice as it sounds! :) There's a thread over on OS all about slow cookers, might be good for ideas? :)
  • Dinah93
    edited 25 February 2013 at 10:07AM
    £9 into the savers ladies and Poolies.

Woke up feeling really upbeat this morning, then my mum called and stropped about everything including how there is no point in anything as she's doomed to die at 80 like her parents... seemed wrong to point out that even if she does there is no point writing off the next 27 years.

For no reason I can fathom work have paid me £135 again this month, this 'unpaid' maternity lark isn't too bad!

Managed to get about 20 bits on ebay over the weekend, would have liked more but NIM had a busy day shooting and rugby watching yesterday so I had Grace so couldn't do much. Stayed up a few hours after NIM trying to get as much done as possible.

Have done a bit of money shuffling to try to pay off the Amex, we were over £1000 short but now £792.72 short. Technically I can borrow £250 from an overdraft, and I have £45 coming in from Music Magpie but that still leaves us £497.72 to find by 9th March. Grace's DLA and child benefit come in just after the bill is due, so I could probably borrow that off mum for one week, leaving us only £115 to find...I have some bits on ebay but unless everything sells I doubt I'll make that much..... will have to get a thinking cap on. Urgh, hate being so short of money we have to shuffle it like this.

Going to have a big ambitious list day.
    1. Clean bathroom.
    2. Finish putting photos on NIMs digi frame.
    3. Sit down with NIM and re-do Grace's passport application start to finish.
    4. Hoover all downstairs
    5. Get 2 loads washed and hung out
    6. Send some recent photos to both parents in law
    7. Find NIMs Virgin airmiles number and order Tesco points to it
    8. Put card in envelope to send back to hotel
    9. Put in GR MS order
    10. Check all Amazon prices are up to date

Having a workout day off as I've been pushing it hard recently and my legs are paying for it.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Wow Dinah! You are bright and breezy this morning. Fair play to you! I am the opposite - a bit doom and gloom like your Mum.

On a positive though, we are now under 22k. Thought I would be under 20k at this stage but life definitely does throw obstacles at you on the debt free journey.
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Dinah93
    I know, can't believe I'm feeling positive, I've got a very very scratchy throat, want to cough every second of the day and night, and had yet another poor night's sleep, plus the whole robbing Peter to pay Paul makes my head and heart hurt, but might as well use this energy while I have it.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills