Premier Inn Double Bed / Mattress

Hi can anyone tell me where I can purchase a double bed mattress that is used at Premier Inns please?

Failing that can you recommend a firm but not too firm comfy mattress please, our current one is beginning to stick the springs/coils in me, it's an orthopaedic one we bought about 8 years ago and has to go!!

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    m4ndy1966 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me where I can purchase a double bed mattress that is used at Premier Inns please?

Failing that can you recommend a firm but not too firm comfy mattress please, our current one is beginning to stick the springs/coils in me, it's an orthopaedic one we bought about 8 years ago and has to go!!

Hello m4ndy1966

I believe that they are Hypnos beds in Premier Inn hotels. They are very comfortable but pricey............and they have the royal seal of approval:

Royal Warrants have always been regarded as demonstrating excellence and quality, are highly prized, and are a mark of the best of British. Hypnos's Royal Warrant is for HM Queen Elizabeth II and covers the category - 'Bedding and upholstery manufacturers’.

Our master craftsman are upholstery experts, we not only supplying the Royal Family and Royal Household with mattresses and divans, but so we also undertake bespoke upholstery commissions for the Royal Family – we recently replaced the banquet seating for the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace.

Hypnos is proud to be the only active bed supplier to the Royal family and royal Household and have supplied bedding products to many of the Royal residences including Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, St.James Palace, Balmoral Castle, Sandringham House, The Palace of Holyroodhouse and Kensington Palace

The above is taken from the Hypnos website:

http://www.hypnosbeds.com/index.aspx

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • m4ndy1966
    m4ndy1966 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Thanks Nile, what is the "name" of the bed/mattress does anyone know?
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sleepeezee also have the Royal Warrant, but their products have gone hill somewhat.

I doubt you'll be able to get the exact same spec, as Hotel beds are made with a stronger fire proofing on them, know as Source 5.

Get in touch with Hypnos and ask what is the closest domestic match to the Premier one.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • d.ross_2
    d.ross_2 Posts: 593 Forumite
    I shouldn't think that you would be able to get the same model (as someone else said). The mattresses that premier inn use are just firm open coil sprung mattresses, so as Hypnos are very expensive, you might be better off just going for a good quality firm open coil sprung mattress made by another manufacturer.
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    The other thing to bear in mind is that most hotels and alike will use a sprung base, because this acts like a shock absorber and makes the mattress last longer.

As most people will go straight into their room and dive on their bed? Or is that just me? ;)

But a sprung base will make most mattress "feel" more luxurious.
  • redgie
    redgie Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I came across this thread when I was looking for the mattress/bed used by Premier Inn as my husband wakes with an aching back every morning except when we stay at a Premier Inn.

I have since found the Land of Beds website (sorry can't add links as I am a relatively new member) which has the Hypnos Westbourne, it is a contract model which they say is used at Premier Inn. I've also noticed a couple of these mattresses on Ebay. Very reasonably priced considering it's a Hypnos. We now have this on order and should receive in a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps others.
  • Rainey_LB
    Rainey_LB Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Do you know anyone that works for the hotel chain or another one? It might be worth asking if there are any staff deals if you do. I used to work for Hilton, staff could order the same beds the hotel used at the same price the hotel paid. I paid £130 for a bed which was retailing for more than £700 at the time and almost 10 years on it is showing no real signs of wear, mattress is still very firm and has always been comfortable.

The only stipulation was that all beds were delivered to the hotel and you had to arrange your own collection from there.
    :hello:
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    d.ross wrote: »
    Premier inn do use sprung bases, but the effect on the life of the mattress is minimal. This is just something that sales staff say to get people to pay more.

Sprung bases do give a more luxurious feel as you say though. And they will also give a softer feel.

You really do have to argue every single point.

Your sounding more and more like Tim every day.

As for the extra cost of a sprung base is about £50, hardly the earth for a decent bed.

Just why are you dissing me so much? I'm not here to top up my sales as no one knows who I work for or where in the country I am. Plus we don't even sell online! Unlike some mattress retailers who where on here an awful lot.
  • bifold
    bifold Posts: 195 Forumite
    Pinkypants wrote: »
    You really do have to argue every single point.

Your sounding more and more like Tim every day.

As for the extra cost of a sprung base is about £50, hardly the earth for a decent bed.

Just why are you dissing me so much? I'm not here to top up my sales as no one knows who I work for or where in the country I am. Plus we don't even sell online! Unlike some mattress retailers who where on here an awful lot.
    I agree Sprung bases do give more comfort and will extend the life of a mattress,They cost more true but will last longer.
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    d.ross wrote: »
    Give it a rest. You have quoted tim many times, saying that what you say is what tim would have said. Yet when someone doesn't entirely agree with you, you acuse them of being tim. I really don't understand you, do you agree with tim or not?

If you read my post, I didn't actually disagree with you. I said the difference inthe life of a mattress on a sprung base was minimal. I didn't say that there wasn't any improvement. However you are a bed salesman, and you should know that although you use mattress life as a reason for people to spend extra, that the extra life it gives doesn't really relate to the extra cost (which varies). The main reason to buy a sprung base is for feel, as like you said it gives a more luxurious and slightly softer feel. The main reason many hotels use sprung bases is because it gives the bed a feel that is closer to pocket sprung. So it gives the appearand that the hotel is more upmarket than it may actually be.

So just give people honest advice, and not your salesman pitch.

I did argee with 80% of what Tim said, thats true. Our views often clashed quite a bit as well!!!

As for a sprung base I explained the benefits, which are mattresses last longer and it gives a more luxurious feel. How that is a sales pitch I will never know. You belittled it, saying it's just to get the customer to part with extra cash.

I also mentioned sprung bases because I'm giving good advice.

A mattress on a sprung base will feel different to the same mattress on a solid base. Not all customers are aware that sprung bases are even out there on the market. A question I ask all my customers when buying a matt on it's own, is Whats it going on?

Proper customer service, not a sales pitch, I can assure you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport