my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    gc_bus wrote: »
    Wow quintwins - just been reading your postings - you are really, really dedicated to this - it's great - I wish you so well in your quest. We can all learn a lot here. :-)
    I agree, puts me to shame :o.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2013 at 10:45AM
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I agree, puts me to shame :o.

Don't be silly you do really well.

Morning everyone,

Throats still abit sore, and i didn't get the bathroom done yesterday because i couldn't find my elec book so ended up turning the livingroom upside down then did a big clean in here instead.

I havent been to a shop in over a week (altho hubby has :p) seem to be doing 'ok' with the £10 a week budget aswell altho i'm going to grab squash today as i'm getting really sick of water and some milk as i'm down to the last dribble.

Lifted some wheaten bread out of the freezer it cost 25p i never pay more than 30p for a wheaten bread you can always grab one reduced, theres a few more in the freezer. with hubbys smaller diet i ended up with some leftover new taties last night so thats todays lunch with a 9p reduced cheese and onion pasty, going to have some breakfats after my coffee, so foodwise today

b-toast x 3 10p, 2 eggs 10p=20p
    l-spuds free, pasty 9p, half tin of carrots 9p
    d- spag bol (made week with reduced mince and loads of reduced frozen veg) 79p plus 1/3 bag of spagetti 8p

total today- £1.34

I really fancy fish and chips so i might jiggle my mealplan around so far this week i've stuck to it all week. :)

Also i havent used the drier all week.

I'm on my last box of dishwasher tablets, saying that it's 84 washes and i only do 1 over the weekend so it should last 3 months.

Plan for today

-give the bathroom a good scrub
    -go to lidl to buy squash and milk, and only buy squash and milk
    -do not use the drier
    -light the fire rather than using the heat
    -check for surveys
    - set up shop and scan
    -food from stores
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 8 February 2013 at 2:20PM
    Good morning everyone, it's cold here but i'm not putting the heat on because i'm off out soon.

Spent £1 yesterday on a bottle of squash, i ended up going to the filling station for it as we were running late so just got the on offer one.

Today i'm off to the libary with the youngest they do a wee group on a friday morning, i'm considering paying for parking as it's so cold, but acually we'd still have to walk if i did so a few seconds more won't kill us, while i'm out i want to grab a poker as mines far too short and were gonna end up buring ourselves. So i'll update on that spend later.

Need milk so i'll call into lidl and get milk and 2 loaves of bread for the freezer save me going shopping again on monday and i'll stop by the market and see if they have any good offers and get ds a banana atleast i will prob get a bag of apples for £1 aswell.

I WILL NOT GO TO POUNDLAND as i don't need anything and just buy for the sake of it.

Food wise today

b- half the wheaten bread with butter 20p
    l-lo meatballs (oh yeah yesterdays spag bol was acually meatballs when it defrosted) with spagetti 5p
    d- Was suppose to be spag bol turned into chilli but i have no spag bol so fish and chips, chips from freezer 40p, fish whoospies 60p, fishfingers for the kids also from the freezer 20p beans 30p=£1.50

food for today £1.75 plus a banana from the market (he gets a single one and she usually gives him it for 10p cause he likes to pay himself lol) and prob a apple each for the kids aswell.

Oh i almost forgot i promised the kids a bag of sweets each aswell so thats £1 and now i need to go to tesco and get them aswell.

Will update on acual spends later.

Ok so no poker because they didn'thave the one i'd see before in stock they had a nice companion set for £25 but there was no way i was carrying it to the car.

Parked in the free capark and walked.

Ds got a free banana from the market. I didn't buy any other fruit.

Didn't go to lidl just stopped into the butchers and got some 95p milk.

Spent £2.88 in b&m on shampoo for the kids, glue sticks as yesterdays homework resulted in me going over the top of it with tape cause the glue was so old lol, and i found tins of pure orange juice 20p each or 3 for £1 ds was moaning he wanted a drink so i got some they were acually really nice and i'll buy them again.

Lastly £1 on sweets for the bigger boys got a packetet with a few packets in it to use again next week.

Total spends today £4.38, overall spends £15.98.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    I everyone yesterday we were suppose to go swimming but me and hubby weren't feeling great and the kids couldn't find there armbands so we asked them if they wanted to do anything instead and they said the cinema so £2 kids tickets with free adult were booked to rise of the guardians at £ in total for 5 of us, £5 was spent in poundland on sweets and a packet of homebargains popcorn was shoved on the microwave making the cost just £11, you have to pay for parking but the ticket office refunds you as i was waiting on mine a woman ordered a adults and childs ticket to wreck it ralph which cost her £9 and was thinking wow i'll be taking 5 to see that in a month or 2 for just £6!!!

Then i went to work and came home to collect my kids from the inlaws and they had bought us chippy tea so acually the only food i had from home yesterday was soup and bread and some popcorn.

Today we all had a lie in then we went off ti the inlaws for lunch, i'm just home and hubbys away doing a wee sideline networking job for someone so we're having tea when he's back, kids are having 1/5 packet of value spagetti 5p, half a tin of baby carrots that was in the fridge 9p and a handful of frozen sweetcorn 5p with half a jar of pasta sauce that was also in the fridge and needed used 19p so 38p for the 3 of them, i'm ashamed to say that since hubby was suppose to be home by now and i still have baths ect to do and sort uniform i was tempted to go get them happymeals but this is much better and was made as quickly as driving to mcd's and back would have been.

Me and hubby are having wee chicken en croute which i got reduced for £1.30 from the freezer along with a bag of wedges at 59p so nice lazy tea and i'm sure he'll come in saying he's had a rough night (which i'm sure he has he was only suppose to be an hr that was 5 hrs ago) and fancys chinese but since i have it out he'll have to eat what i have for him ;)

Fires lit, hubbys coat and the kids uniform will be drier infront of it tonight ....still no drier used here :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Good evening everyone, had a lazy day here and went back to bed with the youngest woke up at half 11 and relised how late it was and that we hadn't eaten anything so got up, went to the dr's to collect scripts and then collected the kids then back to collect more scripts that weren't ready and get a wee bit of shopping, spent £5.80 and only went off my list for some value baps which i bought with a giftcard.

Food today

b-2 special k mini bites 10p, wheatbix 25p.
    l-toast 10p half tin spagetti 8p
    d-fishfingers 30p, rest of spagetti chicken burgers 50p chips 50p, cheese 15p baps 14p

total today- £2.20 so not too bad

£159 added to the savings today aswell.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Evening
    :T well done on the savings,you are doing so well
    x
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • quintwins
    Evening
    :T well done on the savings,you are doing so well
    x

Thank you my sog is now up to date, i had hoped to be doing better the start of teh year seems to be going quite slow :( but i have a phone bill, elec bill, creditcard bill and rent to pay this week so it's not going to pick up anytime soon :(
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 13 February 2013 at 11:09AM
    Good morning everyone, i got a random payment of £160 from tax credits yesterday i have no idea why so i'm waiting on a letter, if it's acually mine i'll be adding it to the savings.

Was suppose to have an appointment today but it was canceled so i'm going to stay at home and clean.

Yesterday food wise was strange, we had mcd's at £8.77 for lunch because the child had his pre-school jabs and we always do this after jabs as a treat, but then no-one was hungry come tea time, so the kids had cheese baps a chocolate muffin and a yogurt and we had nothing til about 11 when i went to make cheese on toast and just as i was slicing cheese the inlaws phoned and offered us free chippy so we had chicken burgers and super chips instead :)

Today we are having beef in black bean sauce, i always buy frying steak when i have a till spit to use or if i'm ordering online and need to make it up to £50 to use a code so even tho i'm costing the meat at £2.61 it was prob free. So half a packet of beef £1.30 red onion 10p, mushrooms from the freezer 10p packet of sauce 39p (homebargains) 3 packets of noodles 33p chips 20p, i'll also be adding peppers later when i go to lidl at around 25p so fake chinese= £2.42 so one of my dearer teas but a nice change and like i said in practice prob alot cheaper than what i paid.

The rest of the steak is going to be cassarole tomorrow, £1.30 for the meat, 10p onion, 5p half a bag of froxzen reduced carrots, gravy 10p mash 40p= £1.95

I'm going shopping now, i'm going to lidl for a bag of peppers they have peppers at 79p for 500g and oranges 79p for 1kg i might get 2 bags of these, i'm also going to home bargains to see if they have any storage boxes or box files, and sainburys as i'm low oon fruit and yogurts and i have a gift voucher.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Quite a few spends yesterday spent £18 in homebargains, £7 on this was on a gift and wrapping paper, 3 was some royal doulton bowls 2 for 99p, then some juice and smellies just.

Got some bananas and meatlballs in sainburys but i used a giftcard.

£9.99 in tkmaxx in a baby gift.

£2.14 in asda on 4 litres of reduced milk and a bag of apples.

£4.26 i lidl on 3 peppers, 2kg carrots, 22 oranges and 5 leeks.

Fruit bowl is now well stocked and sice we're away this weekend i'm hoping i have enough to see us into next week (altho i will need milk and a sack of spuds next week)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Hello everyone back from my weekend away (i acually tried to post yesterday but my window crashed and i forgot to come back and type it all again) we spent a good bit more than i would have liked but it was ok for a one off.

I paid a few of my bills before i left but i still need to pay my phone bill at £162 and my creditcard at £400, i'm not convinced i can do both of these without dipping into my savings but theres no point paying interest if i don't need to.

Went to get some milk and yogurts when i got home and hit a really good whoospie haul i got loads of bakery bread for 10p and some soup veg for 10p aswell as some sausage rolls so todays food looks like this...

b-teacakes 10p, bananas 30p, toasted crusty roll 3p
    l-sausage rolls 10p oranges 15p
    d- soup veg 10p and chicken breasts free (been in my freezer a long time and were some reject factory chickens) turned into casarole so gravy 10p, served with yorkshires 15p and sweetcorn 10p and a wee bit of mash 20p=65p

total today= £1.33

Hubby cut us some pallets for fire wood yesterday aswell so that saved buying sticks or logs.

Savings are currently £8406.61 and counting watch this space there is going to be some serious saving done from now.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family