Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• Just wondering if CEX and Music Magpie are now my only two options for selling CDs/DVDs (Apart from bootsales and ebay which I am going to leave for the ones that CEX/MM won't give me much for)

I recently sold a lot of ours through zapper. Not the best money but really easy to deal with and they send a courier to collect too.

stitchy x
    Making magic with fabric
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Thanks stitchy that's helpful :) I think Zapper was the site I looked up a lot of mine on last night and if memory serves me correctly they wouldn't take most of mine :( But I will double check when I get home later, I am at work at the moment. I think I might end up having to take them all to boot sale again, I did one last Summer and actually sold a fair few, but I literally have hundreds left. I need to get rid of them before I change my mind and decide to keep them all!!

I have another question which might be ridiculously stupid so forgive me but I need all the help I can get at the moment!

I was wondering where you all buy your jiffy bags/bubble wrap/anything you use to send your ebay sold items off with? I have been looking around and the jiffy bags etc seem so expensive I am wondering how on earth I'll make any profit at all on 99p items!!

Any advice on where to buy that sort of stuff from would be most appreciated :)

Thanks x
    Official DFW Nerd 1390 MFW 0/1800

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    I buy my brown wrapping paper in the post office & jsut use old bubble wrap. But recently I bought a load post bags (grey tough plastic bag/envelopes) from ebay. Ebay has a big selection on P+P products.
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Thanks for that :) I just went to poundland in my lunchbreak (figured whatever I couldn't find in there I could have a look on ebay for) and it was pretty productive!

I spent £10 and for that I got:

3 packs of bubble wrap
    2 packs of medium jiffy bags
    6 packs (at 3 for 2) of mixed size jiffy bags (4 bags per pack - so got 24 bags for £4)
    1 pack of large cardboard sided A4 envelopes

Pretty good! I then went to The Works on the way back to the office and found packing tape. What I would really want to find which I have not so far, is a packing tape dispenser - one of those quite large things that you insert the tape into and you can just swipe across envelopes easily. Any ideas on where to find that?!

Anyway I digress! To sum up I think I have everything I now need to send my ebay items off! In fact I wish now that I had brought more jiffys!

Listed more last night so now I have 48 items for sale on ebay!!! Will update next week with profits towards my next %s!!

Competitions won so far: A years free pizza/Eden project trip & hotel stay/Baby gift set/Baby voucher/Baby bottle/Books/Pedometer/Soup and Mug/Dotcom gift bundle
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Free listing weekend again starting tomorrow for 100 items. Also please make sure you put on the last dates for posting before Christmas - there is a notice at the bottom of the page on my ebay about this

I'll be relisting what didn't sell last time, the 2 items that were never paid for and see how that goes and set a deadline for posting and payments
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    unoriginal uk i got my tape dispenser from home bargains at £2 i think it was :)

got my £45 today so going to transfer it to the cc :)

going to try and focus on fb selling up until xmas as ebay is so slow atm!

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • WOW - Had a really amazing money saving two days!!

Found out I won £100 worth of books which I am sending to Fatbrain for money back, then found out I won a competition I found on here for a years free Pizza!

Then today the boyfriend and I went to Bluewater for Xmas shopping and we volunteered at an O2 stand to do a present stacking competition - I won a brand new Ipod and iPhone docking radio/clock speaker station thing worth £50ish!

Had a lucky couple of days! Also lots of my ebay items are on track to sell which is great - and I am about to list a couple of bigger items right now due to the free listing - thanks fedupandskint for highlighting this or I wouldn't have known!

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    20 items relisted - fingers crossed they sell and some more funds to go towards the cc's!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    I was wondering where you all buy your jiffy bags/bubble wrap/anything you use to send your ebay sold items off with? I have been looking around and the jiffy bags etc seem so expensive I am wondering how on earth I'll make any profit at all on 99p items!!

Any advice on where to buy that sort of stuff from would be most appreciated :)

Thanks

Hi you could ask at your local supermarket, as they use it in the veg and fruit boxes. Some are really helpful and let you take it as they have pay for it to be taken away
  • Thanks nannaC what a good idea! I will definitely ask next time I am in Tesco! I did a similar thing at work and scrounged around for our empty paper boxes and am using one of these to send some books off in :)

Good luck fedupandskint hope they do sell, I had a few more bids on my items this morning - currently 22 out of my 44 listed items are due to sell so this is great!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure