DLA and osteoarthritis

I would be interested of your experiences of applying for Disability Living Allowance when suffering from osteoarthritis.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    DLA is awarded according to care and mobility needs, not on the diagnosis of a certain condition. Is there something specific that you need to know?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Jowo_2
    Jowo_2 Posts: 8,308 Forumite
    Nothing specific, just people's personal experiences of going through the process who suffer from osteoarthritis as the reason for their mobility/care needs.
  • mealone
    mealone Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Post
    No two people have the same experiance of any disease, no two people have the same care or mobility needs even when having the same disease.

Claim DLA on your own needs after contacting a good WRO or CAB for help to fill in the forms, dont be tempted to try and fill them in on your own, thats why many people fail to get an award or get the incorrect award.

You need to understand what the DMs are looking for in your answers and answer the questions accordingly but accurately.

If you would like a link to some guides I will post one but the best help is with benefits and works, which is a suscription site which many others (not me) have used and been given awards.

good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport