PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help My Dishwasher Is Not Cleaning Properly!!

Comments

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    If all else fails, do a HOT wash with nothing but vinegar in the machine. Should clear it out. Oh, and check the pipe where it joins inder the sink. I find mine blocks up with debris after a while (cos Mr TM doesn't scrape the plates well) and it stops the rinse and then the emptying and leaves the plates dirty. Guess who has to takes the pipes off and clean - well, it aint Mr TM!

LOL Mr Purplepatch doesn't even open the dishwasher, just stacks the dirty stuff on the side! And as for emptying it.... don't get me started!

Can I just ask you how much vinegar and where do you put it? In the soap compartment or are we talking bigger quantities here?
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Where else can we get good advice, money saving tips, bargains and a good laugh all in one go?

Long live Old Style I say :beer:
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Juicy_Tube
    Juicy_Tube Posts: 619 Forumite
    LOL Mr Purplepatch doesn't even open the dishwasher, just stacks the dirty stuff on the side! And as for emptying it.... don't get me started!

Can I just ask you how much vinegar and where do you put it? In the soap compartment or are we talking bigger quantities here?

LOL Thought that was just my hubby!:D Phew!!

JT x
    It's great in here! :)
  • Al_Mac
    Al_Mac Posts: 5,519
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There's some sexim going on in here, SWMBO doesn't have a clue, although sometimes I think it is on purpose, at how to pack.

:D
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    MATH wrote:
    Before anyone complains about going off topic - laughs are Ol'Style they kept peeps spirits up in the war and they're FREE so their MSE as well:p

Well I am not sure about that, especially if you are going to be throwing plonk all over your keyboard :eek:
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
  • kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Having said that I also find that after a mash meal I get bits left down the sides of mugs. However, I have given up with the expensive tabs and just buy the tesco's own brand and make sure the salt and rinse aid are topped up.
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
  • Mads13 wrote:
    Hi Again

My dishwasher is driving me mad :mad:

Basically when I get items after they have been washed, they are streaked and marked..especially glasses and coffee/tea mugs. I use a 3 in 1 tablet and added dishwasher salt a few weeks ago.

Is there anyway i can clean the dishwasher and give it a new lease of life??? Do I have to use "special salt", even though the tablets have it added?? :confused:

I depend on the dishwasher alot and is only 2 years old..surely it has a few more years init still :eek:

Thanks
    Mads13
    xxx
    Try using rinse aid, i usually ind this helps as i get the same problem. Very anoying when you have to put them back on another cycle :rolleyes:
  • As a regular dishwasher, I'd recommend a regular supply of Sangiovese and at least pretend to be interested when I mention the football.

:o
    Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My dishwasher never seems to work properly either cos he's usually too busy playing on the playstation or PC 78sigh7qc.png

Maybe I should start docking his pocket money :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Try putting white vinegar in the rinse aid compartment- it works just as well as rinse aid and is much cheaper.:):):)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills