Half Price South West Train Tickets

Cheeky_2
Cheeky_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
Speech-Mark-Left.gifOfficial Insert

What's the deal?

South West trains are currently offering 50% off cheap day returns when you travel from any southwest train station between 1 April and 11 June 2006. Click here to see the routes available.

How to get a cheap ticket?

Click on the link below, enter your details and print the voucher. The voucher entitles up to 4 people 50% off off-peak tickets, all you need to do is present the voucher at the ticket office when you purchase your tickets.

http://www.halfpricetraintickets.co.uk/downloadvoucher.asp

Terms & Conditions

If you're under 16 you must be accompanied by an adult.
If you've used the voucher to get a discount for more than one person you must travel together.
The offer's valid between 1 April and 11 June excluding 13-17 April.
The offer only applies to off peak tickets so this usually means travelling after 9.30am or for London arriving after 10am.
The outward and return journey's must be completed on the same day and you must leave and return from the same station. Speech-Mark-Left.gif

Back to the original post....................

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I was hoping to make use of this offer, but unfortunately I live in the far South West. How can a company call itself South West trains and only go down as far as Exeter?:cry:
  • Nicholas wrote:
    I was hoping to make use of this offer, but unfortunately I live in the far South West. How can a company call itself South West trains and only go down as far as Exeter?:cry:
    I agree!
    I live in Tiverton (20 miles North of Exeter) and am astonished to see our line is excluded too! So no cheap fares to Bristol, Exeter or London. :-(
  • skyepark
    skyepark Posts: 419 Forumite
    and its same day travel! whats the point of that?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Could do day trips to Bournemouth Poole Weymouth Southampton Portsmouth at the weekend sounds good to me.

There is also groupsave http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/GroupSave.aspx 3 or 4 travel for the price of 2 people.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • djohnsonhk
    djohnsonhk Posts: 47 Forumite
    Does anyone know if this be combined with railcard discounts (e.g. Young Persons Railcard)?
  • djohnsonhk
    Oh, nevermind - I found it in the terms and conditions - can't combine it with railcards...
  • map200uk
    map200uk Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    i just read the terms and conditions etc, and im not entirely sure if i could still use this for a single,as it talks about the return must be made on the same day

what about if i am going to London for a week, can i not use this voucher from Portsmouth - London to get a single only?
  • djohnsonhk
    map200uk wrote:
    i just read the terms and conditions etc, and im not entirely sure if i could still use this for a single,as it talks about the return must be made on the same day

what about if i am going to London for a week, can i not use this voucher from Portsmouth - London to get a single only?

'Cheap Day Return' tickets work out only a fraction more than a single. So if you use this voucher and then only use the ticket as a single, it would still definitely be worth it.

I did a quick price check on TheTrainLine.com and a standard single from Portsmouth to London Waterloo is £23.00. A Cheap Day Return is £23.90.

After using this voucher discount, the ticket should cost £11.95. It still represents a huge saving even if you use it as a single-way journey like you describe.
  • jenko
    jenko Posts: 145 Forumite
    Hi - does anyone have one of these vouchers downloaded that they can email me??

I need to travel today and the website is down. I called South west trains who confirmed this is the case, but they couldn't email me one or help me in anyway so your help is greatly appreciated!!

Matt
  • Cheeky wrote:
    Speech-Mark-Left.gifOfficial Insert

What's the deal?

South West trains are currently offering 50% off cheap day returns when you travel from any southwest train station between 1 April and 11 June 2006. Click here to see the routes available.

How to get a cheap ticket?

Click on the link below, enter your details and print the voucher. The voucher entitles up to 4 people 50% off off-peak tickets, all you need to do is present the voucher at the ticket office when you purchase your tickets.

Terms & Conditions

If you're under 16 you must be accompanied by an adult.
    If you've used the voucher to get a discount for more than one person you must travel together.
    The offer's valid between 1 April and 11 June excluding 13-17 April.
    The offer only applies to off peak tickets so this usually means travelling after 9.30am or for London arriving after 10am.
    The outward and return journey's must be completed on the same day and you must leave and return from the same station. Speech-Mark-Left.gif

Back to the original post....................

could u plz send me the half price train voucher plzzzzzzzz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family