Daily Mail Rewards Club Thread

Comments

• cocoloco wrote: »
    In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is £7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...

The TV advert for the free £5 Tesco voucher states you only need to buy this weekend's Mail (Saturday and Sunday), then register and use the 2 unique codes (one from each paper) to claim your voucher.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • biganni
    biganni Posts: 59 Forumite
    They launched this promotion in Scotland a couple of weeks back. You only have to buy the sat and sunday papers to get the giftcard. Maybe you will be lucky like me - they very kindly sent two giftcards :rotfl:
  • h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i think i will collect the 2 this weekend and then wait and see what the other rewards are.

if you need to buy 7 papers for £5 voucher then thats not worth it but it might be worth doing it for free cinema ticket or pizza express meal
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jellyhead wrote: »
    A £7.70 spend would get you the initial £5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the £5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial £2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.

Thanks, that's makes it a really good deal!!!
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2011 at 1:29PM
    Can you claim numerous cards,,as it would be well worth buying as many papers as possible to give you over 50% off your shopping ?IF you buy 100 of each paper for £230.you will have £500 of vouchers.£270 profit would make it one of the deals of the year.Better than the 3% saving rates.
  • *Scottish*Lass*
    *Scottish*Lass* Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got £20 in vouchers :) They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got £20 worth of free shopping :) def worth doing!
    .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:Scottish & proud of it! .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Thats clever you answered the question before I had edited it/unless there is a time differance in Scotland
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got £20 in vouchers :) They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got £20 worth of free shopping :) def worth doing!

Did you think it was worth continuing? Do you know what the deal is on DVDs, cinema tickets or pizza express?

I don't want to spend an additional £5.40 to get the 7 codes if the reward is only worth £5, i am a skinflint and am only using this deal for the tesco voucher :o
    52% tight
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The Sun are also doing this too. Saw an advert on TV, The sun is cheaper than The Mail, so depending on their rewards might be worth it.
    I got a letter about The Mail one and it specifically says "If you register with us this weekend and enter your first two unique numbers, to say "thank you" we'll send you a £5 reward voucher to spend at Tesco.
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    funnyguy wrote: »
    Can you claim numerous cards,,as it would be well worth buying as many papers as possible to give you over 50% off your shopping ?IF you buy 100 of each paper for £230.you will have £500 of vouchers.£270 profit would make it one of the deals of the year.Better than the 3% saving rates.

The problem I have witnessed in previous promotions is that you go to tesco to buy your paper to find every single newspaper has had the voucher ripped out by shoppers who ''steal'' it without buying the paper. Along with seeing several randomly abandoned newspapers around the store, where shoppers have picked it up, ripped it out and dumped it somewhere else.

So what if you were to buy 100 newspapers for their unique code to find that they wont work because a shopper has been in just before you and not bought the paper but wrote them all down and entered them already before you get home and do it. You've just wasted £100 for your unique codes and someone is £500 up.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport