Sliderobes or Spaceslide or other? OPinions Please (fitted wardrobes)

We are loooking for fitted wardrobes at the moment. I have fell in love with some from Sliderobes, they are what I expected to pay (£2500), but after browsing a bit, I found a company called SpaceSlide which are offering the doors for around £700, and I would pay my own joiner, max. £500...thereby saving me a HUGE amount of money.

Does anyone have any opinions on quality and service from either of these, or indeed have any other alternatives to these companies for fitted wardrobes either sliding or conventional?

Thanks in advance

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

Comments

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    anyone got any opinions on either?

• emmell
    emmell Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    I have seen spaceslide on 60 minute makeover, I liked the idea they did furniture to match the doors. Wouldn't mind changing my 80's style sliding robes for these and having bedside cabinets and drawers to match.
    ML.
    He who has four and spends five, needs neither purse nor pocket
  • jamtart6
    thanks ML

The fact they were on 60min makeover worries me!! the quality of finishes on that show is appaling !!

• moth66
    moth66 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Recently had Sliderobes fitted and was really impressed with the experience. The designer listened to what I wanted and quoted a fair price. The installation was hassel free and the quality was top notch. Looked around at other options and whilst initially they looked similar, upon closer inspection the quality of the doors and the inside from Sliderobes was so much better than elsewhere.
  • jamtart6
    can I be cheeky and ask how much they were moth?

• emmell
    emmell Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    I agree with you jamtart6 about the appalling finishes on 60min makeover, but it doesn't seem to worry them how much furniture and fixings cost. They pick some very expensive items and flat screen tv's and they still can't hang a pair of curtains.
    ML.
    He who has four and spends five, needs neither purse nor pocket
  • MissNobody
    MissNobody Posts: 146 Forumite
    These are not fitted but Ikea pax wardrobes can have sliding doors, if they would fit into the space you have then they are perhaps an option, very solid and a fraction of the price!
  • Hi Jamtart
    i am writing from spaceslide, we do have 2 showrooms/factories. one in the Midlands and one in Hemel Hempstead, it would be excellent if you could visit us.
    I assume you have seen the sliderobe product and would welcome you to compare it to ours.
    We do not just cut bits to size for made to measure we actually manufacture the profiles for the frames, we also have full woodworking machinery for the bedroom furniture. This enables us to compete on price.
    Factory tours welcome at our main centre in West Mids. (address on the spaceslide site)

About 60mm, all i can say is do not be put off, they do not use inferior products
    painting etc is obviously done in a hurry though

please visit asap, why not pop into sliderobes first and ask for samples?
  • Having worked for sliderobes, i would have to say that the product and service is top notch, however, having fitted spaceslide doors on a supply only basis, the service and quality is excellent from a fitters point of view.
    In a nutshell you will get a almost identical looking product for a fraction of the price, but you will have to be a tad more pro active, good luck with your decision
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    moth66 wrote: »
    Recently had Sliderobes fitted and was really impressed with the experience. The designer listened to what I wanted and quoted a fair price. The installation was hassel free and the quality was top notch. Looked around at other options and whilst initially they looked similar, upon closer inspection the quality of the doors and the inside from Sliderobes was so much better than elsewhere.

Did you copy that directly from your company's Press Release ?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure