storage heaters/electric central heating or gas?

Comments

• amtrakuk
    amtrakuk Posts: 630 Forumite
    Caredrew... Grannys bar heater started with just one bar... Has she had an upgrade ;)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    amtrakuk wrote: »
    Caredrew... Grannys bar heater started with just one bar... Has she had an upgrade ;)

She has indeed!

and she has a Apple Macbook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo!

We have stopped her riding the Harley-Davidson though.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Electrorad wrote: »
    the calculation of storage heater costs has to be theoretical, where as ours are proved. The other reason is many customer testimonials about cost savings where they have run both systems, having been unhappy with the night storage and changed to ours.

Yea right, am I alone in thinking that this guy is only here to SPAM the forum with his biased waffle, we all know that " customer testemonials " are usually produced by the companies in question.

:spam: :spam: :spam:
  • Cardew,
    If you would like to send me a message via our website with either your e.mail address or snail mail address I will provide the test data report from the test centre so you can see for yourself the ability of this product.
    I think you will find that it will soon be endorsed by all the powers that be in the energy/heating establishment.
    BRE have studied the test results and agree that it deserves further investigation by them to establish if a better SAP rating should be awarded due to the potential energy savings.
    Please tell me you respect the findings of the experts at BRE?

To others,
    All customer testimonials are genuine and original copies available on request.

Please try and open your minds to the possibility that there is a new storage heating technology available. Read the info available and make up your own minds.
  • Inactive
    Yet more :spam: :spam: :spam:
    If they were any good you would have customers knocking at your door, instead of spamming a forum with your sales bilge.:rolleyes:
  • They are!! but thanks for your concern
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    BRE have studied the test results and agree that it deserves further investigation by them to establish if a better SAP rating should be awarded due to the potential energy savings.

I was involved in the research leading to the adoption of the SAP rating system in the mid 1990's. I suspect your chances are slim.
  • Cardew
    Cardew,
    If you would like to send me a message via our website with either your e.mail address or snail mail address I will provide the test data report from the test centre so you can see for yourself the ability of this product.
    I think you will find that it will soon be endorsed by all the powers that be in the energy/heating establishment.
    Please tell me you respect the findings of the experts at BRE?

To others,
    All customer testimonials are genuine and original copies available on request.

Please try and open your minds to the possibility that there is a new storage heating technology available. Read the info available and make up your own minds.

You really don't understand do you? Or are you deliberately obfuscating? Attempting to ‘blind us with science’ will simply not work.

If this hypothetical/theoretical/actual room under any combination of conditions can be shown to be heated for 4p an hour by your system – so be it. That is not the issue.

I will say this S L O W L Y!

Firstly, I am stating unequivocally that any form of electrical heating, like a £30 oil filled radiator, will produce exactly the same amount of heat for the money e.g. the 4p an hour.

Secondly, it is your implied message that somehow ELECTRORAD produces more heat than other electrical systems that is distasteful and indeed deceptive.

So would you like to go into print and say that your 2kW radiator produces more heat output, or is cheaper to run, than the Dimplex oil filled radiator range shown here?

http://www.dimplex.co.uk/products/domestic_heating/portable_heating/oil_filled_radiators/index.htm

Bearing in mind Dimplex ltd might have an interest in your reply.

Unless you understand, and answer, that point there really isn’t much point in you contributing further.

Normally I would hope that the Moderators would remove such obvious and misleading SPAM as contained in your post. However it did occur to me that prospective buyers might just ‘Google’ the name Electrorad. Doing so will produce this thread and alert them to the demerits of the system; the internet is wonderful for spreading the word.

With any luck an attempt to spam this site will turn into a massive ‘own goal’!
  • Cardew
    Actually, the Advertising Standards Authority have queried these figures already, but having seen the evidence from a UKAS regulated testing centre they have approved our media advertising of less than 3p per hour running costs.

Yet another attempt to imply something that doesn't stack up when you look at the facts. From the above quote one might deduce the Advertising Standards Authority(ASA) were happy with your advertising; even that your claims had the ASA's blessing.

Well this reads somewhat differently to me:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_42110.htm

In fact all 3 parts of the complaint were upheld by the ASA and it was found that Electrosave had breached the code in every case in terms of 'substantiation' and 'truthfulness'.

In fact in your company's reponse to the complaint they admitted that their system produces no more heat than any other electrical system.

Your definition of efficiency was that the clay plates retained heat better than say a convector heater.
  • Inactive
    They are!! but thanks for your concern

Well they must be highly gullible then, if they believe the clap trap put out by you and your company.

Why the need for the constant:spam: :spam: :spam: then if you are so busy?

:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport