Free Wildflower Seeds *EXPIRED*

skyline
skyline Posts: 149
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 8 April 2014 at 3:09PM in Freebies gone but not forgotten
https://countryfile.growwildukseeds.com/

Only one application for a free seed pack is available per household.

Countryfile is working with Kew’s Grow Wild campaign to give away 230,000 packets of wild flower seeds. There’s been a dramatic decline in the number of wild flowers in the UK over the last century and Kew’s campaign aims to make everyone aware of their importance to wildlife and the human food chain. The packs are full of seeds for native wild flowers, and there are different versions for Scotland, Ireland and England & Wales. This week, on the programme, Ellie gets a sneak preview of the packs and shows you how to plant them in your own garden – or even in an old pair of wellies.

Comments

• Cybi-Ping
    Cybi-Ping Posts: 517 Forumite
  • Lyradog
    Lyradog Posts: 148 Forumite
    Cool , hope I get some
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,120
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Watch out, they mix contains buttercup seeds, your choice but a well known and invasive plant
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 455
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have pathways near my house with overgrown grassy banks - would look so much better with a few wildflowers, so intend to spread the seeds here.
    Entering a few comps here and there 2020 seems my best year for wins so far:- iphone xs, limited edition whiskey, Masha and the Bear toys, newborn baby stuff, 3 x books, 12 months membership to diet app, bottle of syrup, Baby Shark singing puppet, children’s book, Nasty vegan shake x 2 packs.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,861
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Farway wrote: »
    Watch out, they mix contains buttercup seeds, your choice but a well known and invasive plant

Thats a very good point, I learnt that the hard way a couple of years ago and I still cant get rid of them. :mad:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • crystal9
    crystal9 Posts: 3,813
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Thanks op I have ordered. Can anyone tell me do these seeds grow tall? And are they easy to grow? Thanks
    have now given up smoking since feb 13th 2014 loving the money I'm saving
  • lucys_mum
    lucys_mum Posts: 416
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :( now oversubscribed and offer closed.
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,044
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has anyone received a packet yet?
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    My mum got them last week and they are planted :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure