How much is 500mb internet?

Options
philng
philng Posts: 801 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Have just upgraded with vodafone & have the unlimited internet package which includes 500mb each month.

How much use will this allow? as i dont want to go over this allowance & have additional costs. On my online statement it refers to kb use. How much does 1000 kb equate to in mb?

Thanks.

Comments

• DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1024KB is 1MB, so on average between 2-8 webpages, alot more when no images are downloaded.

For general browsing it should be okay, but if you use iplayer, videos, downloading music, you can exceed it fairly easy.

Just check checking with vodafone your allowence if your not sure if ur going to go over.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • £note
    £note Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most modern handsets have a data counter so its easy to keep an eye on your internet usage and if your phone has wi-fi you can take advantage of your home internet connection and free hotspots when you're out. I have the same allowance as you with Vodafone and never even come close to using all the allowance, typically using between 100-150mb a month and I use it daily.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Have just upgraded with vodafone & have the unlimited internet package which includes 500mb each month.

How much use will this allow? as i dont want to go over this allowance & have additional costs. On my online statement it refers to kb use. How much does 1000 kb equate to in mb?

Thanks.

Good afternoon philng,

It's great to know that you've upgraded to a package that gives you unlimited internet access each month. I hope you're taking full advantage of it.

I'm pleased to see that other members have offered information in relation to data usage on your mobile.

£note's experience is typical of most customer's usage.

If you're unsure about how much data you're likely to use each month, I've included a link to the data usage calculator here, which I trust will be beneficial to you.

Best wishes

Ian

Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure