I need a Broadband/land line and mobile phone package - any advice?

Options
Hello... having just treat myself to my 1st Macbook, I am looking to have broadband installed at my flat.. however I am also keen on maybe getting a package.. my mobile phone contract is up for renewal so I'd like to change that, so I thought I could maybe tie in one of those deals where you get your home line, broadband and mobile all from one provider - maybe even adding in digital TV (my freeview box just broke!) - has anyone done this before? I have seen Virgin do bundles and also TalkTalk - does anyone have any feedback on this? Any advice gratefully received...Thanks!

Comments

• spamberler
    Options
    I got a bt landline from £11pm, o2 simplicity sim from £15pm and o2 bb for £7.50
    A dAy WiThOuT wInE iS lIkE a DaY wItHoUt SuNsHiNe
  • mk-donald
    mk-donald Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    As Spamberler says IF you are in the right catchment area (ie your exchange has o2 LLU equipment installed) then consider o2 broadband (£5 discount with monthly mobile contract, hence the £7.50/m) over BT landline.
    Lots of us seem content/happy with their broadband:
    http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=o2
    If plumping for o2 dont forget opportunities on quidco.com for cashback on both broadband and o2 simplicity

However you may also like the Virgin 3 for £30 - ie phone/broadband/mobile (and get free TV on top) over Virgin cable/VirginMobile.
    Friend has that and is reasonably satisfied though NOT a heavy Internet user - Virgin have an iffy reputation for THROUGHPUT on their broadband.
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    mk-donald wrote: »
    Virgin have an iffy reputation for THROUGHPUT on their broadband.

in the same way that Baghdad has an iffy reputation as a honeymoon destination...

:D
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Teterow
    Teterow Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    I have signed up with Virgin yesterday.
    Landline (free weekend calls) and Broadband £15.50
    Mobile £10 (300mins & 300 texts)
    Total: £25.50

Think it is a good deal.
    Challenges:
    3 NSD per week
  • swimminggoogle
    Options
    I would avoid Madasafish at all costs. The Madasafish customer service is the worst experience I have had the misfortune to encounter. It is equalled by their lack of technical support to resolve any issues.

I left NTL/Virgin to join Madasafish but have since returned - even though it is a greater cost.

It is a lot better to have a good service, than none at all.
  • Hungerdunger
    Options
    If you're looking for package, you could try Vodafone at Home. I've been with them for a couple of months with no problems. I was already on a mobile pay-monthly contract which qualified me for Broadband and line rental for £25 per month.

I think it's an extra tenner if you don't take out a pay-monthly contract with them.
    "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that you never know whether they are genuine" - Charles Dickens
  • chris_spackman
    Options
    They will do you a good deal on your phone and they can give you home phone and Broadband. With Virgin be careful. They have not got the best customer service but do offer a fairly good service. The good thing about Virgin is that you will not need a bt line. Virgin do have a problem with their credit checking for mobile phones. They seem to turn a great deal of people down as they have an issue with their score cards
    end the tv tax
  • AllyR_2
    Options
    Thank you for all your hints... I have decided to kepp my BT landline, got a new O2 Simplicity contract (£15 a month for 200 mins and 400 texts) and the O2 broadband.... fingers crossed its all OK!
    Have also ordered one of those freeview recorder boxes mentioned in the newsletter today!
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport