No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Comments

• Think I need to pop in for this month. Have been tempted to buy a few things on offer in the last couple of weeks so think I need to be focused!

I have been really good at not buying things since I joined about a year ago, but it's taking forever to get through stuff! I've given lots away but kept the bits that I will be able to get through.

To anyone new to this, keep at it. You'll soon change your mindset and buying toiletries won't be such an addiction (as it had been with me).

Best of luck to everyone. All the special offers are so tempting at the moment!
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Amarya box came so can catch up with the thread now
  • A rare make up UU, UD primer potion. Got another in the stash but i will buy again cos it makes a real difference to eye shadow IMHO
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Morning everyone, bit behind reading, major probs yesterday, please send some positive vibes to my little brother B (51) airlifted to hospital with a major heart problem, touch and go atm, just praying he can hold on long enough to be taken into theatre for surgery. No need to post back to me, but if you can spare him a thought, as I really do believe in the power of positive thought etc. Thanks.

Sending lots and lots of positive vibes for your brother xx
  • Itzybitzy
    Itzybitzy Posts: 949 Forumite
    UU

Avon Naturals Almond Oil and Avocado Conditioner, 250ml - WBA, really nice and cheap! My hair seems to like it and it smells really lovely!

IN

Colgate Max One Toothpaste, 19ml
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • UU BS lemongrass shower gel, loved it and a bargain at £1 a few weeks back
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Two used ups

body Shop almond oil nail pen WNBA lasted a very short time so super expensive even with all their discounts. Will need something else has now run out of cuticle oil/cream

Mini mango shower gel think it was called something like Queens. WBA was nice but have a few to work my way though there were 5 in a packet .
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Tater
    Tater Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    TallGirl wrote: »

body Shop almond oil nail pen WNBA lasted a very short time so super expensive even with all their discounts. Will need something else has now run out of cuticle oil/cream

I found this too - I really liked it but it seemed to be finished as soon as it had been started!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I did manage to resist the Elemis TSV, took myself off to the Countrywide store instead and spent the equivalent amount on a new bird feeding station, 4 new bird feeders and lots of expensive bird food, well rewarded as in less than 15 minutes there were lots of "diners" visiting. For the first time since my operation I have managed to spend some time in the garden today, I really enjoyed it, but in spite of wearing gloves my nails are wrecked. I have loads of new colours to try, must go and have a play I think.

Big hugs to all that need them and huge congratulations to Emma via VALM, hope the new bedroom furniture is all that you hoped for, and well done for that very :money:way of stocking up on your HG Elemis. Those of us who have bought when perhaps we shouldn't, perhaps we should be thinking out some diversionary tactics for the next few months, like we used to be encouraged to do at Weight Watchers to stop the evening snacking.:rotfl:

Hi maddiemay. We bought a bird feeder earlier in the year and though we keep it fully stocked only ever seem to attract big fat pigeons to it. Even the solitary squirrel that used to come and feed at it seems to have been frightened off.

Thank you so much for the congratulations and am loving our new bedrooms. Wished we had done them sooner.
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    I went though my bag with nail varnishes yesterday to throw away some of those to replace 5 nail varnishes I received as a birthday present a while ago. The lids on all 5 were stuck so couldn't open any of those so will bring those into Boots to ask for a replacement. Sadly my all time favourite nail varnish which they no longer make is now used up and I have never managed to find another one in that shade of pink.

Hi Becky. You should post on here the colour that you used to love. You never know one of us may know of a dupe for it.
    emsjune78 wrote: »
    Well done to Emma VALM, sounds like she did brilliantly, you must be very proud.

I have a UU today - Anotomicals Help The Paw hand cream - lasted literally another two weeks cut open as there was so much stuck in the tube. WBA - v nice and really cheap, bargain. Moving onto a L'Occitane Mango mini next.

I also just remembered that I got a shower creme in Morrisons on Saturday before my little TBS splurge so thats Morrisons Orchid White Shower Creme 400ml as an IN - meaning I've bought 1900ml of shower gel in December so far :eek::eek::eek: How funny, it was a very good price :o[/QUOTE]

thanks Emsjune, am always proud of her. x

I have 4 INS and 2 UUS to report. All of the INS were free and were gifted by Emma after clearing her bedroom:-

OPI nail lacquer
    OPI Avoplex hand cream
    No. 7 hand cream
    No 7 Protect and Perfect serum

UUS: L'occitane Mango hand cream. I see that you are moving onto this one next. I really enjoyed using it and it soothed my hands really well as they are so dry at the moment. Am glad that Emma gave me more handcream as the only ones I now have are the L'occitane freebie ones that I've got earmarked for gfits.

Other UU: L'occitane Verbena shower gel. Love this and WBA although have a Bath and Body Works White Citrus shower gel to use before then.

What did you buy from TBS? I placed an order for Emma for her to make up some kits for her friends.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My Elemis TSV has just arrived - smells wonderful.
    So 6 products to add to my huuuuuge list:p
    dolly84 wrote: »
    My Elemis TSV arrived today too. Haven't opened anything except the Evening Blooms oil which smells heavenly.

Mine arrived on Tuesday. The builder took delivery of them whilst we were out. Have opened them all and checked them. One of the bottles of body cream is dented but I can keep that one so not too fussed. They have now been sent to "santa" and put away for my birthday in February so I'm cheekily not going to count them as INs until I've been officially given them.

I also placed an order with JL yesterday for the Marc Jacobs Daisy shower gel and body lotion that my sister wanted. The price match on these twoproducsts is brilliant at the moment. Worth checking out if anyone wants any.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family