Fairy's Thread

I keep finding i need somewhere to have discussions without taking over other threads so i'm starting this one where i can witter on :rotfl:
Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)

Comments

• Hi Fairy,

I've just lent a measley £20 on Zopa- just to see how it works. I did it through autolend, is this the best way? Also I have the option of any interest going into a holding account or into the lend, what do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.
    LBM Jul 2010:[STRIKE] £29717.06[/STRIKE] :eek:
    July 2012: £19548.40 Paid 34.2%

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other - Walter Elliot.
  • fairyclicks
    fairyclicks Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    wolveslass wrote: »
    Hi Fairy,

I've just lent a measley £20 on Zopa- just to see how it works. I did it through autolend, is this the best way? Also I have the option of any interest going into a holding account or into the lend, what do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

HI Wolveslass, thanks for the post :) I started with a small amount too so i could get used to the site so i think thats the best way to go with it :) Its best to be cautious with your money when you are unsure!

I would say autolend is not really the best option unless you have a specific interest rate in mind that you want to earn, for example if you don't want to lend for anything less than 8% interest you can set it at that level and it won't go out unless a borrower is happy to pay 8% interest.

To do that just create a lending offer for 8% in the market(s) you are happy with and then click on manage lending offer and click that offer for your autolend option.

Personally i like to be in control of my money so i set a specific lending offer and i do not use autolend. I let the returns build up in my holding account until i want to make another offer.

I have decided to write a blog post on how i use Zopa so i can explain it better. I will post the link to this very soon :)
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
  • Hi Fairy,

Thanks for your reply, I will take the autolend off and have a good look at the site - shame about the blog link!
    LBM Jul 2010:[STRIKE] £29717.06[/STRIKE] :eek:
    July 2012: £19548.40 Paid 34.2%

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other - Walter Elliot.
  • fairyclicks
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yeah i know i didn't realise the blog link wasn't allowed, i thought it was just referral links :o I just thought it would be easier to explain things with some pics etc as well!

Anyway, yes i would def advise taking the autolend off! :)
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi Fairy
    I am just trying to get the hang of my Z account. Should I have the rapid returns ticked ?
    Thanks.
    Rosie x
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • fairyclicks
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Rosie wrote: »
    Hi Fairy
    I am just trying to get the hang of my Z account. Should I have the rapid returns ticked ?
    Thanks.
    Rosie x

Hi Rosie, the rapid returns thingy is an option you can use to get your money back quicker than initially agreed. To get it back you have to sell your loans onto another lender at a much reduced rate (and this is only if there is no missed payments by the borrowers). The way i see it is a bit like having a savings account that you would normally earn say 5% on if you leave it in the account for a year, but if you want it back before then you may get 1% if you are lucky.

As far as i know there is no penalty for ticking the rapid returns box, only if you decide to cash in your loan accounts so if you want to be able to get it back quicker then go ahead and tick it. This is just a new option on the site and i haven't read up much about it just yet!

BTW did you see my blog about Z?

Fairy xx
  • Rosie
    Hi Rosie, the rapid returns thingy is an option you can use to get your money back quicker than initially agreed. To get it back you have to sell your loans onto another lender at a much reduced rate (and this is only if there is no missed payments by the borrowers). The way i see it is a bit like having a savings account that you would normally earn say 5% on if you leave it in the account for a year, but if you want it back before then you may get 1% if you are lucky.

As far as i know there is no penalty for ticking the rapid returns box, only if you decide to cash in your loan accounts so if you want to be able to get it back quicker then go ahead and tick it. This is just a new option on the site and i haven't read up much about it just yet!

BTW did you see my blog about Z?

Fairy xx
    Hi Fairy thanks for that. I will leave it unticked.
    No I haven't seen your blog.
    I saw it mentioned in a previous post but I don't know where it is. Can you pm me the link to it please.
    Rosie x
  • Rosie
    Hi again Fairy I have found your blog will have a good look at it later.
    (when I have finished my 10 things lol)
    Rosie x
  • fairyclicks
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just letting you guys know i have posted another Z blog post today :)
  • fairyclicks
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm going to add some of my hints and tips to this thread so i can direct anyone here instead of typing it all out over and over!

Here are some of my tips for swaggers then:

My tips

* log into swags site before any of the others you use, type the name of other sites in the search box, visit your site and do whatever you do, once finished go back to swags page and search again for the next site you do (it doesn't need to be different sites all the time to earn) - you can earn random amount of sbs twice a day by doing this.

* for NOSO just click on link in sidebar, click on red button to start, each page with an offer on it go to the bottom of the page and click on skip or next offer button, end page just type the words in the box

* sb TV - open a new page, go to sb TV page, click on any vid, let it play while you do something else on the other page (my fav thing is to do a survey on other page, or to do the sb games) every few questions go to swags page and click on new vid. You should see the meter going up - earn 3 sb for every 10 vids you let play - BTW i have discovered the max earning for vids is currently 150 per day!!!!

* games - if you are using chrome close the message about difficulties, Click on play now for whatever game you want to play (i play zip zap but i think it works the same for other games too), choose play for free,
    play the game - don't worry about getting good scores but you do need to play a bit at least, at the end of the game submit the score as a guest - DO NOT create an account for game scores. You will earn 2sb for every 2 games you play (it might skip paying sb out if you aren't actually playing the game for long enough). You will earn a max of 10sb a day for this.

* check trusted surveys page - for quick 1 sb if there is a survey choose none of these option on screening questions. Otherwise complete the survey if you can - it will give you a great boost in points. Points will not be added straight away.

* tasks - I don't do too many of these - some of them are really dull and long. Its worth having a wee read through them to see if its something you wouldn't mind doing. open the task and see how many pages there are and how many times you have to do it. If its too many, or the instructions are hard to understand then skip it. Once you do a few you are happy to complete you will be able to keep an eye out for those ones again in future. Points will not be added straight away.

Hope that helps you to earn plenty :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure