Problems logging on to Nationwide Internet banking tonight

Comments

• ah so it's not just me.

I had a blazing row with them over this about 10-14 days ago - exact same issue.

Got on one day and couple of days later using exact same details I was told I was using wrong memorable data.

they made me re register for the service.

I was highly unamused.

J
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • ffym
    ffym Posts: 305 Forumite
    May I tag a query onto this thread please?
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading data into Microsoft Money?

I'm having this problem also, stopped working after years trouble free! I tried re-entering all the details into Money but it still won't work. I wonder if it's anything to do with their "security upgrade" or just a glitch. :confused:
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    siwilks wrote: »

It's not as if I'm not very computer-savvy by the way, I'm a web developer and spend my life doing this kind of thing.

Guys and girls, if you have problems with Nationwide online services send a written complaint to member services and put your occupation in the letter to illustrate you are technically minded.

Member Service,
    Nationwide Building Society,
    Kings Park Road,
    Moulton Park,
    Northampton
    NN3 6NW.

Nationwide always say they don't get complaints about things but that's because only a few people bother writing in to member services so the complaints are not registered as complaints but "suggestions".
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • siwilks
    siwilks Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheers Olly, I will do that.
  • ffym
    ffym Posts: 305 Forumite
    May I tag a query onto this thread please?
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading data into Microsoft Money?

Thankfully mine is back working tonight.:j
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Thanks ffym. Mine is too. Had to set it all up again and merge accounts.
  • sloughflint
    sloughflint Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    ric2003 wrote: »

Microsoft support is terrible. You can't just email them, you have to go through a long winded support form, but then after you have explained the problem, an error page appears! I can't see anyway to get support for the support form! what a joke.
    For future reference,Nationwide have a Microsoft Money section under messaging. They haven't got back to me yet and it seems to have sorted itself.
  • Been using Nationwide online for a couple of years, I only check it about once a month, but cannot seem to log into my account tonight, tried about 20 times and it keeps coming up with 'you have entered your details incorrectly - Please try again' but it does not lock me out after even 20 attempts!!

Do I need to re-register now?

My friend is having the same problem with her Royal Bank Of Scotland Account as well.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There have also been intermittent problems with Nationwide accounts updating in Microsoft Money. But, given the fact that Nationwide is the only UK banking institution that has daily updates with Microsoft Money and Microsoft Money is no longer available in a UK version, I suspect that this facility from Nationwide may soon be dropped anyway.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    (See post #7)

Just to confirm you can now use the TSS to move money from Nationwide e savings to Flexaccount - something which was only possible online previously. I moved a penny across yesterday (when it was free to call!) and checking online this appears instantly
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport