December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all:)

Still keeping the purse shut so will be NSD number 7 for me today:)

This blinking essay is driving me to distraction!!!! I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I know I should just submit and let it go but I haven't as yet....

Really don't want to take it into another week:(

Hope everyone has a low or no spend Sunday xx
    November NSD's - 7
  • gelmc
    gelmc Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2012 at 12:43PM
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Sending hugs to all the people with the DDD flu...seriously, be kind to yourselves and get as much rest as possible.

Thanks WTBS, I'm just coming round from mine. Felt shocking on Friday and yesterday morning. Had to leave work early Friday as couldn't really focus on what I was doing.

Well, am moving forward. Spent a little yesterday and have nearly got all my friend's presents (got a lovely heart shaped metal christmas decoration for £1.50 in Wilkos - they usally sell for a fiver when they're just sold as everyday ornaments). Also got some silver heeled sandals for work's Christmas do next Fri, in a chazzer shop for £3.50. Have also been signing up to more mystery shopping sites, in order to moneyspin. Must get some stuff on ebay tonight, seeing as it's free listing weekend.

Spoke to a friend on Fri pm, who had made £170 on it in the last month. She is also following Littlemissunidebt's thread as she wants to save a cushion and possibly come out of teaching too. She also said she was doing mkt research through Saros for £40, good for her. I applied for that too but didn't get through the screener Qs probably.

Good luck everyone this week:):). I'll hopefully will get some more NSDs in now as being ill kind of thwarted it.
  • WanttobeSE - I do not envy you. I remember being my mums nightmare teenager and half of what she did made me worse to be honest. I deserve everything my daughter can throw at me when she gets to that age!! Kids are grandparents revenge ;) None of this was useful information, sorry. Good luck!!

Purplejay naughty naughty on the Baileys but it is Christmas and you have been extra specially good!!!

Suzitiger well done you!! I did the same yesterday, walked around town for an age (had a coffee from my giftcard in starbucks though!) but I didn't spend an actual penny AND registered with the library to save myself even more money!!! Felt so good!

Mumsie - I know what you mean. I started this month, thinking it was a bit of an odd month to try to drastically reduce spending in, but actually, I am amazed at how little I have needed to spend in real terms. I just spend for the sake of it usually obviously. I've been coming to that conclusion slowly over the last couple of months, but this challenge has really helped me cut back!!

Jamie - let it goooo!!! Think how much better you will feel once it is in!!

Gel so sorry you're feeling rough. Fingers crossed you are feel better soon.

I am on NSD #8 by default today. We need bread (as of 3 days ago...) but have managed to concoct food without our usual staple & it has been good! The last time I opened my purse (apart from to put cash into my savings woohoo!) was on Monday!!!

My parents are coming on Tuesday so I will have to shop as they are staying with us for 2 nights. Can't be feeding them chilli beans on eeny weeny 'jacket potatoes' (quotations since they are only dinky spuds). Plus side is that the freezer is still full of meat & my parents will probably pitch in with the shopping, hopefully keeping it down! Also MUST wrap all presents and bake cookie gift tags before they are here :eek::eek::eek:
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Gelmc- glad to hear you are starting to feel a bit better. My sister has been in bed for 2 days with awful flu/sickness, i think there are quite a few bugs going around. Hope you are fighting fit soon.

LOL, thanks liltdiddylilt (i think!!) for the words of wisdom :D I actually dont know if there is anything i can do that will help him to behave/do as he is told, or to help him through this horrible confrontational age. I guess its the rite of passge between being a child and being an adult (if he lives that long!).

I am snuggled up at home today, watching TV and generally vegging out. Having a sneaky bottle of pear cider too, shhhh dont tell anyone!
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone

NSD 7 today:j, tomorrow should be as well as at work again and I have all I need for the next few days, still living out of freezer and cupboards but it doesnt seem to have gone down much :)

Hope everyone is feeling OK this bug seems to be missing here at the moment and thats how how I like it but if Im going ro get it ld rather it be now than at Xmas as I have all the family coming to me and we are making some fab food!!!!!

Anyway the only part of the challange I seem to be having problems with is the fitting in the exercise, although Im on my feet all day at work but I dont suppose that counts, Ill have to come up with another cunnnig plan to fit it in cos I do enjoy it. Anyway off for a lurk :)
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 December 2012 at 6:53PM
    Hi everybody,

Yesterday's post is a little bit late as I had a Christmas party to go to last night and I wasn't sure whether I would need to open my purse or not. The good news is that I didn't have to pay for anything so the entire evening was a freebie :T, and I came away with a snowglobe :D

We very nearly ran out of milk yesterday but took some out of the freezer which will see us until Monday, and I'll get some then as Monday is going to be a spend day as I have a hairdressers appointment.

So below are the stats up to and including today (as I'm not going anywhere tonight).

Food 11.65 / 50.00 (for 2 people)
    Petrol 29.66 /105.00 (2 vehicles)
    Christmas Food 30.00
    Christmas presents 50.00
    Unplanned spends 6.66 (Dentist)
    Planned spend 40.00 including Christmas tip (Hairdresser)
    NSD 5 / 20
    SD 3 / 11

Toodles

• JAMIEDODGER
    Hey all:)

Assignment has been submitted:D what a relief!! Christmas party was excellent and the kids had a fab time:)

Totally shattered now so going to get the kids to bed and just chill out and watch tv for a bit:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • I am BACK!!! I have read some posts but shall be re-reading and replying very soon. I am alive - that is the most important thing!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done JAMIE! I bet it feels good to have submitted it :)

Welcome back Kat! Hope you had a fab time!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Well done JAMIE! I bet it feels good to have submitted it :)

It's feels.....:D:j:beer::T:D:j
    November NSD's - 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family