PPI Recovery service i-sm@rt advice needed please.

2»

Comments

• melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    mmackay wrote: »
    they are regulated by the ministry of justice and are always happy to help with complaints but they are better dealt with in writing. their Authorisation Number is CRM2506 with can be looked up on the ministry of justice's website

I wonder why? They are charging you 25% plus of your refund!
  • I have an issue with i-smart too.I have recently received settlement for reclaiming a ppi. However i am not happy with the invoice from the company who claimed it on my behalf. (I-smart consumer services).
    The loan is a 15 year loan, with 12 years left. I-smart have charged us 25% of the refunded ppi that we have paid over the last 3 years. We are happy with that. I thought that was it. Job done.
    I-smart also want 25% of the rest of the value of the ppi over the next 12 years! (as we benefit from not paying it)!
    This means our refunded ppi claim amount equals their invoice.
    What a waste of time and money!!
    I have paid them the 25% of our settlement and asked them to prove to me where and when I agreed to pay the rest. I received no terms and conditions to my knowledge. Our claim was a result of them phoning us.
    Please can anyone help me out? I am sure I have a reason to complain about this. I have written to them making a formal complaint as I feel this is a hidden clause they have not explained to us. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    rachaels wrote: »
    I have an issue with i-smart too.I have recently received settlement for reclaiming a ppi. However i am not happy with the invoice from the company who claimed it on my behalf. (I-smart consumer services).
    The loan is a 15 year loan, with 12 years left. I-smart have charged us 25% of the refunded ppi that we have paid over the last 3 years. We are happy with that. I thought that was it. Job done.
    I-smart also want 25% of the rest of the value of the ppi over the next 12 years! (as we benefit from not paying it)!
    This means our refunded ppi claim amount equals their invoice.
    What a waste of time and money!!
    I have paid them the 25% of our settlement and asked them to prove to me where and when I agreed to pay the rest. I received no terms and conditions to my knowledge. Our claim was a result of them phoning us.
    Please can anyone help me out? I am sure I have a reason to complain about this. I have written to them making a formal complaint as I feel this is a hidden clause they have not explained to us. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    take your complaint to the Claims Regulation Unit (ministy of justice) https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/contact.aspx you should only have been charged on what they get back for you and NOT what you've not yet paid for.

If you find you have signed terms of agreement which say this then I would put in a claim in the County Court for an Unfair Contract Term under the Unfair Consumer Contract Terms Regulations 1999
  • Hello there,

I have a few questions abt i-smart company and mis-sold premium insurance. I also have contacted i-smart company in hope that my claim could be processed quicker than if I would do it myself. After a few weeks of the date I have contacted them they have sent me a letter with info that my case and many others are on hold bcos banks have won the case. That was over a year ago and I havent heard anything else from them since.
    Recently, I have decided to go for it myself. And because of this I have got a few questions.
    Firstly, If I will go through this process by myself, will I still be liable and charged by i-smart company or not? I did give them a ring last week but I ve been through to answer machne and after pressing all of those silly buttons, finally the answer machne was telling me that any claims against HSBC are still on hold what is not true. Basically I couldnt get through to talk with any call service.
    Secondly, I would like to know how I can get missing statements from the bank.Stupidly enough I have signed for online bank statement and after that I cant findany charges on them. Could someone help me with this problem and does anybody know how I should compose the letter to the bank? I would really appreciate any help. People help me, please ;-) Kathy
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi there, i assume you signed a contract with these?, if you did you may not be able to get out of this i am afraid.
    Dont know if it will help you but you could write to the company and see if you can dispense with their services, but you may be charged for the work they have already done for you, as you must appreciate that it is worth every penny of 25% to fill in a template letter and post it to the bank!!!!!

I know this thread was started in 2009 but the latter posts will maybe help you with this, take the time to look through and see if you can glean any info you need to help you with this.

This company have left some posters with £o after they take the fee on the whole ppi and not just what they win for you
    The statements you need , are these to see how much ppi you paid? if it is you can write to the bank and ask them for a copy of your credit agreement and they will send this to you for a fee of £1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure