Sgl no 2 account on direct debit???

Hi

I'm new to this site, I am writing to ask whether anyone can tell me what

'SGL NO 2 ACCOUNT'

is on my Direct Debit list. It is active and no money or amount is shown, but it is new. I have not given out my bank details to anyone, but, I have lost my bank card.

In writing, I have just realised that someone has set up a DD with SGL the online gaming site, I will call LLoyds TSBnow!!

Comments

• chrissyb55
    chrissyb55 Posts: 983 Forumite
    i would hun if i was you i never bank on line and wouldnt i hope you sort it out glxxxxxxxxxxx
    well done all winners:jits great when we see the posts well done again:beer::beer:
  • Hi

Cheers for the post, I called and reported the card, and cancelled the DD.

No harm done apparently...
  • Hi, I looked into this as well because i didn't recognise it, but this DD is for Swinton Group Limited (SGL) and is probably for some life or accidental death/injury policy that you signed up for, because this is what it is for me.
  • Swinton are bundling accident insurance in with their motor policies (and possibly others, too). You get it free for three months and then they start charging if you don't cancel. I've just been onto my online banking to delete this DD and will be ringing up Swinton over the next couple of days to have the (accident) policy cancelled.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • thank you all for this information, I also have had the same appear on my On Line account after changing car insurance policy. Have now deleted DD. Once again Thanks!
  • Beware - I cancelled my policy after the three months to find that they still took the payment which then left my account overdrawn - when i phoned to ask why they informed me that only my husbands had been cancelled. so if you do phone to cancel insure that if its a joint policy you cancel both!

they have said they will refund the amount but it will take 3 - 10 working days and that I should send copies of bank statements with Charges which they will then refund - I will post again to let you know how successful I am!!!!!
  • Just spotted it on my bank account, it's for breakdown cover which is provided free of charge for 3 months. As it includes home recovery which my current policy doesnt but costs the same so i'm planning on keeping it.
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • I came across this thread which prompted me to investigate my own bank statements as I too had regular debits SGL NO 2 and I had previously had car insurance through Swinton. I thought it was a transfer I had set up to another account. I investigated and found that I had supposedly received a letter advising that an Amount would be debited from my current account to Swinton every month for a personal accident policy. I phoned Swinton who advised they would cancel the policy and make a transfer of the funds to my account. This did not happen so I phoned Swinton again to be told that a refund had not been set up but now it was. We received another letter (addressed to my wife who has never spoken to Swinton) advising that they would again debit our account. I phoned Swinton who advised I just needed to stop the DD with my bank. I went online but found that there was not a DD set up so nothing to cancel. Next I find that a DD was later set up and the funds left our account. I phoned Swinton but was told they could not speak to me because it was in my wife's name. I told them that she had not solicited this she had never spoken to them and she could not phone them unless late evening or early morning when they were not open. I am collecting my wife from work early this afternoon so that she can call them. Much expense and time wasted because Swinton sent out unsolicited letters - beware of any dealings with them!:mad:
  • Well would you believe it! Collected wife and rushed home to phone Swinton and get the refund knowing as told do this before 17.30hrs and no problem! I phoned to find that the person I had spoken too had gone home but someone would call me next morning. So much for getting the credit back on my account. Deal with these people with extreme caution or preferably not at all.:mad:
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Just found the same on mine and googled it and came up with theis thread, isn't MSE fabulous!

I remember being talked into a "free for ? months" policy some time ago so I'm glad I discovered it before they took any money. I think it's an excellent policy to just look through your DDs once in a while and get rid of the stuff that shouldn't be there.

I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but I never ring companies to cancel - I just cancel the DD and they soon get the message. When I had a financial tidy up a couple of years ago (probably when I discovered MSE) there were 3 or 4 I couldn't identify and the bank couldn't help either. I cancelled them and within a few days I had letter from all of them asking me to redo my DD as it had obviously been cancelled 'in error' so the mystery of who they were was solved.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport