PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

how to clean the hob

Options

Comments

• cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you would need to leave the bio powder solution (very strong) on overnight at least

try it it should soften it and make it easy to lift off
  • mumpamela9
    Options
    Mr Muscle foam spray oven cleaner will usually get off difficult stains on the hob. May need to leave on for some time, even sometimes chipping away gently with a knife after cleaning and then reapplying the oven cleaner. Need to be careful of pilot lights though.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lakeland sell a product called something like grill-a mate/ovenmate can't remember
    It's dear but is fantastic stuff.
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options
    In desperation I paid good money for a bottle of Oven Pride (Asda stock it). It comes with a huge bag, you put the oven trays in it overnight and watch the burned on crud just melt away. There are a few stubborn spots but I'm happy.

I would recommend trying some of this on your hob, but perhaps do a patch test to make sure it doesn't melt the enamel or something.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i've got some of this, its fab.
    Lakeland sell a product called something like grill-a mate/ovenmate can't remember
    It's dear but is fantastic stuff.
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

I used the Avon skin so soft bath oil stuff as suggested in another link with loads of uses for the stuff. i think the link was something to do with Avon SSS & mosquitos, and it cleaned off all those burned on stains and black marks a treat, just sprayed a bit onto a paper towel and gave it a rub, all gone. ;D
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sure i've got some of that somewhere. i missed that thread. :(
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Others;action=display;num=1093157592;start=22#22

This is the link to thread for the Avon SSS thing, the 15th post down gives the list of uses.

HTH
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for that. your a star
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In desperation I paid good money for a bottle of Oven Pride (Asda stock it).  It comes with a huge bag, you put the oven trays in it overnight

How much was it in Asda filigree? My local Sainsbury's have a similar thing on clearance at the minute - £1.50 a bottle. It's called BBQ something (BBQ pride perhaps?) & is obviously a leftover from the summer. I bought 2 bottles of it last night. Sainsbury's Bamber Bridge if anyone's passing - they had loads left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure