New fire for a back boiler

2»

Comments

• Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Those of you who are in the know / have replaced a back boiler, can you give me any idea on cost? I'm moving into a house with one and have been researching the subject. I think I would qualify on the points basis to be able to replace it but I can only find prices on the net for the firefronts not the actual boiler itself. Any idea on labour cost would be great too!

I'm also a little concerned on perfomance. It's an average size 3 bed house with lounge, kitchen and dining room. Can the boiler cope with 7/8 radiators does anyone know?

Many thanks for any advice

jayne

Good morning: a RGI, recommended to you by a source you trust, would be best placed to advise you after conducting a site survey.

My OH has had only one property meet the exceptions criteria in 4 years since the regs changed...extremely rare in other words.;)

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • EliteHeat
    EliteHeat Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Those of you who are in the know / have replaced a back boiler, can you give me any idea on cost? I'm moving into a house with one and have been researching the subject. I think I would qualify on the points basis to be able to replace it but I can only find prices on the net for the firefronts not the actual boiler itself. Any idea on labour cost would be great too!

I'm also a little concerned on perfomance. It's an average size 3 bed house with lounge, kitchen and dining room. Can the boiler cope with 7/8 radiators does anyone know?

Many thanks for any advice

jayne

If it's a house then you will not be exempt. It is always possible to install a boiler in an alternate location. To answer you other question, it would easily cope with the demand.
  • AdrianW2
    AdrianW2 Posts: 416 Forumite
    EliteHeat wrote: »
    If it's a house then you will not be exempt. It is always possible to install a boiler in an alternate location.

Friend of mine has a terraced house with rear conservatory, so no external brick walls large enough to fit a boiler to or even attach scaffolding to. Ended up having to put the new boiler in the loft and paying for some very expensive scaffold structure. Came in at £6000 earlier this year and the roof now leaks around the flashing for the flue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure