Free Letter From Santa (merged)

Some companies try and charge for a letter from Santa.

Forget that.

If you (or maybe your child(ren)) send a letter with a first or second class stamp on it to

Santa
Reindeerland
SAN TA1

as long as it is received before December the 13th and includes a reply address. !Then Santa will write back, with the kind aid of the Royal Mail !;)

I ho-ho-hope you save some money

Martin

Updated Note

A few more facts from the discussion below.

1. The website www.Northpole.com is Father Christmas's e-mail address apparently, and if children write there, he is now web enabled. !It seems Mrs. Christmas personally installed good ADSL up there. !(thanks to Nololly for this suggestion).

2. Even if the address to Santa isn't correct, you should usually get a reply, however the above address is the one Royal Mail say Santa prefers.

3. 2005 Christmas Note: Last year (when i first wrote this post) a few people who sent letters near the 16th didn't get replies. While the Post Office says it will reply, the early you send the better

To discuss this or ask a question click reply
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Thant's great it was posted a little while back but it's better coming from the man of saving himself.
    The amount that they want to charge you is a disgrace there was one i saw that wanted £12!!!!! everyone spread the word not everyone knows about this stop people getting conned.

[move][glow=red,2,300]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL[/glow][/move]
    16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thanks for this, our local radio is doing one but its £3.50 for the phonecall for them to send a letter. >:( cheeky so and sos.
  • pauliepie
    pauliepie Posts: 150 Forumite
    Thanks

Do you have to put a stamp on the letter to Santa aswell!!!

paul
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    no we didnt put a stamp on last yr and still got a reply ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • I always send a letter to
    Santa Claus
    Toyland
    Wonderland
    I include my address but no stamp but still get a reply (well my daughter does) :D
  • Thank you for the addy. I know one little girl who'll be soooooo pleased to get a reply from Sants :)
    I'll catch up tomorrow!
  • nololly
    nololly Posts: 76 Forumite
    FOR A FREE EMAIL USE

WWW.NORTHPOLE.COM

I HAVE USED THIS FOR MY OWN CHILDREN AND ALSO AT SCHOOL.
  • elcoline
    elcoline Posts: 18 Forumite
    Does it still work if we address it to Father Christmas?

I hate these "Americanisms"!

;)
  • when we did it last year we did it to Father Christmas, North Pole and we got the reply ok. I guess it would be best to do it to the correct address in martins post to ensure it gets there tho (just incase the elves dealing with santas post are related to my postman who can't even put it thro the correct letterbox when it is correctly addressed ::) )
    16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    all my kids did letters last night, thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business