asda and money off vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    I had £10 worth of vouchers taken off an £18 shop today and yesterday £10 off a £45 shop. It all seems to depend on the store/cashier etc.

I also noticed today that Asda have a xmas saving card which pays out an extra £1, £3 or £6 depending whether you have saved £49,£99 or £149. As far as I could see provided you put this on the card anytime before (date to be confirmed) you will ' make' some money. In theory you could put it on the week before and save. If you shopat Asda anyway you will easily spend these amounts at xmas. Could be a nice little earner.
    Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, the asda I tried to use my coupons in was an Aberdeen one, the man at the checkout showed me the sticker he had on his till, saying he had to call customer services before taking any coupons if the customer was not buying the product............ :confused:
  • Tee-Bhoy
    Options
    I had the same problem with Asda they wouldnt take my £5 Walls voucher as I never had any Walls products in my trolley.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I think this is probably just certain stores that are cracking down on vouchers.

The asda in Grimsby has just had a new tesco opened not far away from it and is constantly putting banners up and advertising in local telegraph that they take tesco and sainsbury's vouchers.

Something to do with the competition I guess?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I suppose it could be competition related. Our Asda both opened a year ago and the main one took vouchers perfectly ok, there are three Tescos and a a Sainsburys and a Morrisons in the same town. But now Asda are presumably established, they have stopped taking them. But as you have the annoyance of getting a parking ticket and then remembering to get it refunded they may find we all go to Tesco where you dont bother, or Sainsburys where you are handy for the town centre!
  • randan
    randan Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    It does seem to vary from store to store and even checkout operator to checkout operator, even day to day with the same C/O's.

This week I have found Tesco much less fussy about coupons and they seem to take just about anything that scans. Again this prob varies from store to store though.
    Your really can not beat a good bargain !!!
  • tammy_3
    Options
    i think it has alot ot do with competition. everyone in my town loves tesco its become and grown into a big monster and wont accept coupons however asda will accept them perhaps because they are trying to win customers back?
  • Princess_Fiona_2
    Options
    Went into my local Walmart yesterday. I have had different experiences each time I hand over coupons. Depends who serves you.

One assistant would only allow me 10% worth of coupons against my bill. Yesterday another one accepted all of the coupons I gave her.

Dont know what their problem is as they still get to claim the money back from the manufacturers or have I got it wrong!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure