Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Webuybooks is another one to use for textbooks. I have read good things about them, never actually used them myself. Although i have signed up, not actually added any book IEMB (or something!!) numbers into the site yet. Another thing I said I would do and haven't gotten round too :o

You could try dog walking in your spare time?

Swagbucks, I can refer you so I get extra points :beer: People on the up your income board are earning £25 of amazon vouchers a month, or you can get money into paypal, but I think it works out you get more for your points getting the amazon vouchers. You could buy bday/xmas presents with this though, and keep the cash you would have spent to pay the debt.

Erm.... Use coupons and vouchers to get money off things, put that money by into a savings pot?

x
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite

I've got a few crates ready to drop ebay-able items in, so I can blitz them on a zero listing fee weekend.

This weeked 16/17th June is a free listing weekend on ebay :)

Good luck in your quest
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • Hey zepsgal!

Never heard of WeBuyBooks before, thanks! What's SwagBucks? ***just looked - seems interesting***

If I double up my Tesco clubcard vouchers for clothes I can put that cash to one side!

I'd LOVE to do dog walking! 24.gif I'll have to have a think about how I could find folks that need it.

@Starbrite - Cheers! Perfect timing eh!
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    zepsgal wrote: »

Swagbucks, I can refer you so I get extra points :beer: People on the up your income board are earning £25 of amazon vouchers a month, or you can get money into paypal, but I think it works out you get more for your points getting the amazon vouchers. You could buy bday/xmas presents with this though, and keep the cash you would have spent to pay the debt.

I wish I did, I've been using survey sites since jan 2012 and still haven't got enough to get anything.
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • Treacle1983
    Treacle1983 Posts: 979 Forumite
    ENTER SOME COMPETITIONS

either to win cash or items you can sell easily

There's a COMPETITIONS TIME forum on this very site for a start.

I'll gladly give any help/advice I can.
    Not really comping any more as too ill - but hoping to win £1000+ in 2017 in cash prizes - watch this space!
  • debbiedebt
    debbiedebt Posts: 224 Forumite
    Amazon is good for old DVD box sets as well. I've sold a few books but now that postage is so expensive you have to make sure you get a reasonable price. If you're only going to get less that £1 for the book it's not worth.

Good luck!!
    Debt Free Date [STRIKE]December[/STRIKE] June 2019

GC January £0/£180
  • Well first item done on the list today! Music Magpie DVDs & a few CDs & PS3 games a grand total of £102. That's my first 1% done plus an extra £22 change! :T
  • A handful of books go off to Zapper.co.uk & some textbooks go to Fatbrain.co.uk

I have to say Zapper took the ones no one wanted, even DVDs that Music Magpie rejected! Also FatBrain seems to be very fussy but pays around £4 per book! Worth an hour or so!

Another £27.02 raised! Well done me!

Ebay listing tomorrow. Got 6 items to list. Hopefully I'm expecting 2 or 3 lots of £80. A few more percent chipped away! Yippee!

Night all xxx
  • lindsaygalaxy
    lindsaygalaxy Posts: 2,067
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How about using cashback sites e.g. Quidco and topcashback to your list? I make a few hundred a year on there.
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Also Dooyoo and Caio for reviews.
    Doing most on Dooyoo and if you don't mind writing regular reviews and rating others you ca make a good bit - eiher redeem in sach (once you get to £50) or as vouchers.
    I've had £40 vouchers this year and £50 in cash on its way so am really pleased - takes a bit of effort though.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure