Hyundai i20 v Mazda 2 opinions??

13»

Comments

• divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Can you tell us how much?

i paid 10600 for the car and they gave me 5k part ex for my fiat grande punto. i got the roof rack, surf board attachment and full tank of fuel included.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    WTTM wrote: »
    The g/f got a White M2 Tamura on 31st Dec. Traded in a shed of a Hyundai Getz for it - you will be happy with the Mazda.

I like it and am more used to more premium cars.

MOMENT :D

still loving it at the moment. a couple of annoying things like the headlights dont go off when the power is switched off (not used to turning them off manually as punto turns them off automatically)

And the wipers are the opposite way to my old car so thats taking a lot of getting used to, but these are not major issues just teeny tiny niggles, that i will get used to in a couple of months lol.
  • I am currently deciding between these two cars also (the Mazda 2 Sport and Hyundai i20 1.4 Style models) and cannot decide! Anyone driven either of these models or even better own one? The Mazda 2 Sport is slightly more expensive, however does look a bit better and has a slightly better engine.
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    I am currently deciding between these two cars also (the Mazda 2 Sport and Hyundai i20 1.4 Style models) and cannot decide! Anyone driven either of these models or even better own one? The Mazda 2 Sport is slightly more expensive, however does look a bit better and has a slightly better engine.

Best test drive both, but when looking at depreciation as the real cost of the car instead of just purchase price the Mazda 2 works out cheaper. Then you have that long Hyundai warranty swinging the other way perhaps.
    Depreciation graph:
    http://www.whatcar.com/car-depreciation-calculator/results?edition1=10566&makeId=12730&modelVersionId=13025&editionId=13032

The Mazda 2 can also be had on 50% deposit and 0% APR credit over 2 to 3 years ( http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/mazda2/Mazda2-offers/ ) which saves quite a bit even if you have cash as you can keep half the cost of the car in your savings account for longer.
    Lead times may also be a factor, how long do you have to wait for the Hyundai now? 3 to 6 months?

As said at the start, you need to drive both then a clear winner should emerge for your tastes.
  • I suggest you to go for Mazda 2 opinion, instead of Hyundai i20 as Mazda 2 is the awesome choice. Since i20 is bit sticky sort of car that suckzz
  • albionrovers
    albionrovers Posts: 2,028 Forumite
    Eh? That was back in April . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills