Dulux Once - any good?

Before I stump up the extra cash, I wondered if anyone out there has used Dulux Once. I'm interested in whether it really does require just one coat or will I end up needing two coats (plus the extra cost of the paint!) :undecided

Thanks, Claire.
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• Unless the undercoat is good and the same colour, it's definitely Dulux Twice... :o
  • claireb
    claireb Posts: 142 Forumite
    mmmm....confirms my suspicions then.
  • robowen
    robowen Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    claireb wrote:
    Dulux Once - any good? .

In a word.............No :think:
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Never found any one coat paint that was any good and i have tried a few. :(
  • basill
    basill Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I`d steer clear of that `goes on pink dries white` stuff as well, When I tried it I did nt miss any and it looked OK but having just done some nearby woodwork with proper brilliant white it looks rather poor in comparison.

B
  • We call it "Dulux Once "Again"" Nuff said - It is pants! Stick to proper paint.
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • never_enough
    never_enough Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    Have tried it & I'd say don't bother. Although generally Dulux is pretty good the one coat isn't. You become obsessive about not missing bits & so it takes longer than slapping on two coats anyway! :rolleyes:
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    One coat paint is nasty and gungy. A couple of thinner coats gives a much better finish. Better to do a proper job without trying to cheat.
  • The Dulux once emulsion is excellent and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I once painted a three storey house top to bottom with Dulux once emulsion and it covered in one coat, use a paint pad and cut it in around the edges with a brush. It is the best emulsion paint going!

As for one coat Gloss, don't use it as it is rubbish!
  • Sallys_Savings
    Sallys_Savings Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    My husbands a painter and decorator and he wouldnt use one coat gloss..hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure