webuyanycar.com

tali
tali Posts: 709 Forumite
anyone used webuyanycar.com?

Comments

• poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    well they told me they would buy my fiat brava (its not my car anymore but didnt trust them with my current car details) for £530
    its a 99 W reg and on autotrader the cars selling at £1450
    so i dont think so but i guess if you are desparate to get rid it may be a option
  • tali
    tali Posts: 709 Forumite
    trouble is fiats are worth sweet fa at any age (sorrrry!)
    £530 is bare bones minimum, (although 1450 is toooo high imho)
  • mjr600
    mjr600 Posts: 760 Forumite
    webuyanycar is linked directly to Carcraft and you will have recieved an enhanced valuation in the event you buy from them.

They have a very poor reputation, both for customer service, for pricing, for the quality of their vehicles and their finance rates.

In many ways they exhibit all the stereotypes that go with car dealers wrapped up in a shiny glass showroom.

Trade it elsewhere or sell it privately.

copied from my earlier post
  • bclark
    bclark Posts: 882 Forumite
    Webuyyourcar.com is for desperate people only. I put my Car into the quoter and they offered me £8400 for my Megane CC 56 plate with 5000 on the clock. Well below even the trade in value.
  • balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They're a complete waste of time. Even if they make you a reasonable offer on the website, it isnt a guarantee. They can still turn around and offer you less or even say they don't want the car when you turn up with it.

I got a decent quote on a non-runner but when I got it towed there, the offered me a lot less so I ended up getting it towed back home. Managed to sell it on eBay for the same price as what they initially offered me.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • One of the kids used this website to price 2 of my cars. A 1990 XJ40 with 33,000 miles on the clock in concours condition [even the spare has never been used] was valued at £150 and a 1983 280SL Mercedes with 100,000 miles in very tidy condition with 9 months M.O.T. was valued at £860. Need I say more!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    sounds like spam to me ...
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dbbear
    dbbear Posts: 7 Forumite
    Do they ever match there valuation? I have been valued at £4300 for my lexus is200 (very low price) but i got offered rock bottom p/x on a new car I have bought as it is such a low price (basically getting it at cost), So if i get the webuyanycar offer then its a couple more quid in my pocket and they have a good deal. However I cant be assed if I turn up and they say op wee scratcht there, dent there, etc, etc then get offered £3500.

PS feel free to make me an offer but the clock is ticking 24hrs!!
  • Do not waste your time with these people. (webuyanycar.com) They give you a tempting offer on the internet then you make an appointment to visit there offices. So you drive for an hour to meet up with a rather down market ex bouncer type who says they don’t want your car as its not fitted with something or other. But would buy it for £1500 less.
    Don’t waste your petrol and time.
  • axus
    axus Posts: 1 Newbie
    BE VERY WARY OF CARCRAFT
    I was recently searching the internet for a nearly new Avensis T3. I came across carcraft's webpage and they had one that matched my requirements in their Leeds shwroom.
    I phoned them at 11.00 and booked a test drive saying that I would coming up from Shefield and woulde be there for 14.00.
    We arrived on time, was grabbed by a saleman before even clearing the door. He told us to go and have a coffee while he checked the car was available. They then tried to charge us £7.90 for two coffees !!!!!. We were led into the workshp to look at the car, which had flat tyre ( must have been driven from the compound on a flat tyre).
    He went to look at my X-Type, came back and rote in 3" high letters £9,000 which they wanted with my car valuing it at £2,000, just £1,000 less than every other offer. He eventually upt their off to £2,800 for the X-type. I said I would consider it after a test drive, waited until 15.00 then walked out.
    No one treats me with contemp and I wont play their silly games like sign this and sign that.
    On my way out we were confronted by an arrogent sales manager demanding to know why we were leaving when we had shook on a deal. I not so politely told him where to go. I may be an OAP but I am more than a match for those sharks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure