Advice needed - Brilliant gift shop phoning 5 times a day hassling me.

Here's the story...

I purchased an item from the brilliant gift shop for 40 pound, it came to my knowledge that i only ended up paying 38 pound of this item.

Now i didn't here from them after 7 months and now have multiple charges from owing them 2 pound, which i completely forgot about.

They have been ringing non-stop for around 2 weeks at least 5 times a day, they also got reliable collections to ring up. Every time i refused to answer there security questions on the phone.

Now i've just had a phone call from them which then he passed me onto a account manager which again she asked for security details which i declined, and she was saying you have to answer them etc..

Now i never signed an agreement with brilliant gift shop, no credit agreement no nothing.

I'm not paying 100 pound charges for something that cost 40 pound. they are threating that this will keep rolling over and that debt collectors will be sent in.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Dime_Bar
    Dime_Bar Posts: 584
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am no expert so I am sure some good advice will come regarding how to deal with them.

Have you had any letters from them? They claim on their website they will send you a statement every month, have you received these?
    The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • Nope i haven't received them, i did receive them at first, but then i had no response for over 7 months, which is why i thought it was paid off., i do know that some post do arrive next door as we both have the same numbered house bar the "A" but i have been around to ask if any had been delivered there and nothing as.

I'm just looking for the next move, as these phone calls are happening at very early in morning then later in the evening.
  • Bump.. does anyone have an idea on what i can do?
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    You could write them a letter telling them to stop ringing you and to only communicate with you via post?

Also, could you perhaps get their number blocked?
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Well for starters you owe them £2, the other charges they can forget about them, as when buying the item you didn't sign up to them being able to add charges, especially taking a £2 debt into the £100s.

Send them a postal order for £2 and say something along the lines of this is full and final settlement in regards to the debt.
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family